Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Logo 10 or Eolo

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Logo 10 or Eolo

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 08:51 PM
northstar_de

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Logo 10 or Eolo

Astronut
here my Helifleet for a size-comparison.It is a LMH110 not a Corona.
[URL=http://www.zimmer.netfirms.com/Bilder/bilder.html[/URL]
Old 08-03-2003, 10:04 PM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Default Logo 10 or Eolo

Thanks for the pics!

looks like a pretty good size, it's almost the same as the 110...

I really really dig it, I'm just last minute deciding if it would fit into what I want which is essentially, small space flying (indoor, small backyard) if I went to the park, I'd play with none other than my Logo 10 so I don't need another parkflyer...

I just really want something for the at home fixes but the Eolo's really intriguing so it's tough.

Well if I don't end up going the Eolo route, I'll have a practically new Hacker C40 8L for sale soon
Old 08-03-2003, 10:27 PM
northstar_de

Default Logo 10 or Eolo

Let me know what you are doing with the Hacker
Old 08-03-2003, 10:38 PM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Default Logo 10 or Eolo

I sure will, you been a big help and if you'll get first crack at it if I do go the other route.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:38 PM
Hivoltage
My Feedback: (3)

Default Logo 10 or Eolo

I dont think that any heli with wood or glass blades should be flown in the house....maybe the plastic bladed ones.

My Eolo comes tomorrow and I can post my thoughts as I build it if anybody wishes. I got the Kontronic motor and controller for it, and a set of MS blades, and a 401 gyro. I will put on some upgrades this winter as they become available.

I need to tell my Logo10 that he is getting a little brother.!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 07:25 AM
Dodgey99

Default Logo 10 or Eolo

Good choice Highvoltage :-)

My Eolo is running 385mm CF Symmetrical blades, Kontronik Twist 3700 & ESC and 8 Cells. If you are getting the same motor you will want to set the linkages up for "3d". You really don't need the extra positive pitch of the "standard" setting with the 3700! If you do, it goes upwards at an unhealthy speed :-) You'll be really happy with it.

I am on stock paddles, the switch to lightened paddles and weights gives a lot more cyclic control (for flips etc) but I'm going to keep the stock ones for a while as I like the way it turns smoothly.

Very important hint: Trim half a cm off the very top of the canopy, otherwise the linkages clip the body on full cyclic. Caused me 2 crashes.

She is one sweet heli, and I fly her more than my Eco 8 or my Pic Pro.

I'm actually thinking of ditching my Pic Pro because you really can't do much with it indoors unless you live in a barn. When I go in my small garden the Eolo fits the bill perfectly, and it handles wind with aplomb. It really is a superb heli.

I'm thinking of putting the electrics of my Pic pro back in my Hummingbird as it is more suited to indoors, and a good nose in trainer outdoors.

The Eolo is tough as hell. Below is a picture after a 40ft full throttle crash into the ground, sideways. All that was broken were main rotors, fly bar, and one landing leg. Pretty amazing bearing in mind the speed of the crash.

Old 08-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Hivoltage

Default Logo 10 or Eolo

Thanks for the Pic Dodgey. I got the Twist 3300 as I dont do 3D flying, just loops and rolls and easy stuff like that. They advised me to get this motor as I would get a bit longer flight times and dont need the brute power. Hope I am happy with that setup.!!! They dont show that motor on the web site.

Looks like a sweet and robust little machine, I think I will enjoy it more that a micro.!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:34 AM
Hivoltage

Default Logo 10 or Eolo

What is a good servo to use on this heli. I am new to the micro servo scene. I ordered the Hitec 81's but they only sent me 1 of them.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:22 AM
northstar_de

Default Logo 10 or Eolo

I am using the HS81 as well. They are fast and precise. The HS85MG are excellent for Pitch and Nick and have the advantage that they are robuster in case of a crash. (take care about your teeth)
Old 08-08-2003, 12:14 PM
wildebeast

Default Logo 10 or Eolo

You wont regret getting an eolo - very impressive piece of kit for the price, cant fault mine in any way - its so good i have abandoned my ic planes and the hummingbird i slooking rather rejected also.

Do get the robbe velcro batt bits as the bands fail in any hard manouverous ( by that I dont mean 3D - slow jagged loops at least), or mine did anyway!

have some semi glass blades standing by - they seem longer than the stock items - once I have resolved my tail gyro gain issue (fitted balls to the pushrod and they seem too stiff) will give them a go - not sure what to expect as the flat bottomed ones are meant to give more lift - does this mean less lift and a loss of flight time due to semi shape and increased length or will a lower head loading = more efficency, will enjoy finding out.

Nick
Old 08-08-2003, 01:50 PM
McKoi
My Feedback: (1)

Default Logo 10 or Eolo

wild beast check out our velcrow battery tip in our tip section

http://www.rchover.com/EoloTips.htm

if you EOLOite's have some worth while tips I will post them for you in our tip section for all to view

keep your skids up

Jeremy
www.rchover.com
Old 08-15-2003, 07:19 AM
wildebeast

Default Logo 10 or Eolo

Mckoi

Just a quick tip - I know its obvious now I have sorted it - but it took me weeks!

With the CSM200 HLG I have found that the rear gear munting tray is prone to sympathetic vibrations at certain RPM - this caused major problems with the tail - the solution was to mount it on the side of the tail servo and really balance the whaole tail rotor assembly - result is much higher gain and the eolo now behaves so much better its untrue!

As I said, obvious once you know but had me pondering for ages and resulted in a fair few repairs!

Nick Taylor