Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

EG Aircraft 50cc MX-2 assembly thread

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

EG Aircraft 50cc MX-2 assembly thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:48 AM
robertp17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG Aircraft 50cc MX-2 assembly thread

Hey guys I was asked to do a build thread on a new airframe from EG aircraft. I know it is normally called a build thread but I am calling it an assembly thread as there is not much to build. It is based off of the full scale mx-2 aerobatic airframe. I really like the looks of this aircraft and am excited to get it together and see how it flies. Please keep in mind that this is a 1 of prototype so it is not currently available yet but if all goes well with the build and not many changes needed it will go into production very soon. If you have any questions please ask, and if you want a certain pic that I have not posted please feel free to ask. As previously mentioned the company is EG aircraft and here is a link to there website where you can find out what they offer as far as airframes go and more about the company.
http://www.egaircraft.com/news_detail.php?id=10 They are in the process of coming out with 3 new 100cc airframes as well and possibly a 150cc. So The only thing I have had time to do so far was open the box and inspect everything and I am really impressed with what I have seen so far. I had never heard of EG aircraft until a few weeks ago so I did not know what to expect but I really am quite pleased with the quality so far. It comes with a carbon fiber spinner, wing tube, stab tube, airfoiled carbon fiber landing gear, and tail gear. It has carbon fiber rods inside the wings running the along the spars for added strenght. The cowl mounts from the inside so you have no external screws showing, and it gives a very clean look. The canopy is a one piece molded lexan with a light ply frame. The covering and paint work is stunning! All of the lines match up from paint to covering and there is not a single wrinkle in the covering. It comes with a complete high quality hardware package including titanium turnbuckles, and even includes wire connector retainers. Here are some of the pics after unpacking. I should have some assembly pics posted tomorrow. Thanks for dropping in.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Flyboy76
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: EG Aircraft 50cc MX-2 assembly thread

I have been watching on Great Hobbies website up here in Canada as they have had it listed as "coming soon" for a while now and it looks like a beautiful plane!!! please post lots of pics as i'll be watching closely.

geoff
Old 06-29-2009, 01:58 PM
robertp17

No problem as soon as I get home from work I will post some pics. It looks much better than the generic pic from EG's site.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:05 PM
serge1
My Feedback: (1)

Here I am waiting for the EG 50 CC extra coming in July. Looks awesome just like the 100 CC!

Can't wait.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:46 PM
robertp17

pics...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52741.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1227760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41173.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1227761  
Old 06-30-2009, 10:03 PM
robertp17

more pics... Sorry for all the posts but I cant seem to load more than 2 or 3 photos at a time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79410.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1227772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45849.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1227773   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88256.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	35.9 KB