Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Tank conversion question(3-line to 2-line)

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Tank conversion question(3-line to 2-line)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 02:42 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tank conversion question(3-line to 2-line)

Hello all,

I have a tank from an arf kit that is perfect for my new project. I used it as a 3 line. Now I want to use it as a 2 line tank in a speed plane.

I know that I could just plug the line, but there is very little room, and the 3rd line will be affecting the aerodynamics.

What is the best way to re-make this tank?? Buying a new one is currently not an option (backorder). Or should I ask....what is the best way to plug that 3rd line (inside tank or outside)???

Also, I have to change the orientation of the tank, now the pressure side does not go all the way to the top of the tank (it stops about half way up). What is the best way to extend this??? I thinking about adding a aluminum or copper extension on the tip...

Thanks...
Old 07-07-2003, 02:52 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You could simply plug the trird hole with a 1/8" rod, or take a piece of the present brass tubing, and fill it with solder.

To extend the vent line, (I am assuming that you can't push it further into the tank for the extra length needed) go to your local Auto Parts store. They have 1/8" copper tubing for about 50 cents a foot. Replace the current brass tubing with a longer copper one.

PS the copper is much easier to bend also.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:12 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks MinnFlyer,

Actually I forgot to put in that this tank is currently using plastic tubing, not brass or aluminum. The outside dimensions are not the same as aluminum or brass tubing (not any that I have found so far), but I guess I will try to make it work (should be enough squeeze around tubes to prevent any leaking).