Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

What's the big deal about rock crawlers?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

What's the big deal about rock crawlers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 06:31 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What's the big deal about rock crawlers?

Glad to see you figure out the fun aspect... I was always a pure nitro guy as I love racing and speed... then about a year and a half ago my buddy talked me into getting an Axial AX-10 and after hitting a few rock piles (there are plenty of them in Cali) I was hooked and ended up building that AX-10 into a comp crawling rig... now there is no hill or obstacle I cannot surmount... and what is great is that when it is raining and I cannot run my nitros... little plastic wrap and rubberbands, and I am out crawling in the rain...

rockcrawling is pure bliss and you can do it anywhere you find a few rocks... no need for a wide open space or caution due to noise ordinances... I love crawling!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Shortbuss

I saw RC rock crawlers by accident a few years ago and thought they were ridiculous. Everytime I read about them I kept thinking they were boring and stupid. After awhile I noticed I was reading about them a lot. I ended up getting a F350 highlift and modding the hell out of it. My mini revo is fun.... but sitting next to the river with my scaler is a great way to spend the day. The are slow, and rarely break. Its peaceful watching it run.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:27 PM
kasper18

Its not about the speed its the technique.If you need someone to explain it to you then you need to continue doing what your doing