Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Issue removing blade grips

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Issue removing blade grips

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:04 AM
Wicked94Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue removing blade grips

I heard the little screws are loctited on there, but holy smokes those things are not budging. I stripped out the little allen wrench that came with the heli, but I'm afraid of breaking more parts with how much force I'm putting on these little screws (to no avail) Any tips here?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:05 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Issue removing blade grips

You have to get that screw out. I've been surprised at how much force was needed to get one of the two to break loose and I'm using the blue loctite. My biggest fear was stripping one of those bolts. Not sure if you can find an "easyout" that small. If all else fails, you'll just have to get new parts. You'll have to get a new center hub, feathering spindle, blade grips, washers and o-rings. The grips are probably junk and so is the feathering spindle, so you are not loosing as much as you would think.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Shadow99

STOP USING THOSE CHEAP ALLEN (HEX) WRENCHES, and get your self a set of good quality hex drivers from ALIGN, MAVRICK,etc...
Chances are those cheap unhardened hex wrenches are stripping-out before the socket-head bolts are.
Also a trick for releasing loctited bolts, is to reach into the bladegrip with a soldering-iron (pencil-tip) & heat the bolt, then try removing it.

Shadow
Old 12-17-2009, 06:06 PM
dragus359
My Feedback: (1)

Yea, that stock wrench is junk (still have mine though, but I keep it as memorabilia lol).  Try using quality tools first before throwing out the whole hub assembly.  I don't know how much the brand name rc tools cost, but you can easily find good tools for a low amount of money from your local hardware store.