Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

"GOT ????" Noob, bought 1/8 Rockslide

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

"GOT ????" Noob, bought 1/8 Rockslide

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 06:31 PM
wyorockcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "GOT ????" Noob, bought 1/8 Rockslide

<div>Hey, i just bought my first rc, 1/8 rockslide new in box (dont have it yet, but should any day), it says you can run two batteries so i bought 7.2 5000 amh anddual battery adapter. can i hook this together with stock 2000 battery or is that a bad idea. i have read some forums that say the two batteries is to much power and strips out gears or breaks somthing.i dont know any thing about these, my friends have some rc's and it looked like fun but they dont know much about them either. also any advise on <span id="lw_1261006143_2" class="yshortcuts">spare parts</span> i should have or modify before they break.</div><div></div><div>thanks alot</div>
Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 PM
wyorockcrazy

Default RE:

Here is a reply i got just in case anyone else was wondering about this. The thing i dont get is every site that sales this say's that it is dual battery capable, maybe they are looking for an increase in parts sales!

<div><font size="2" face="Arial">Kindly do not run dual batteries on RockSlide Super Crawler. The Electronics are not designed to take more than 9 volts max. you might fry ESC before you even run it </font></div><div></div><div><font size="2" face="Arial">Just use one battery. you can buy 5000mAh 7.2v nimh pack for more power and time</font></div><div></div><div><font size="2" face="Arial">Best Regards</font></div><div></div><div><font size="2" face="Arial">Ali Mansoor
<span id="lw_1261024480_0" class="yshortcuts">China Operations Manager</span>
RedCat Racing <span id="lw_1261024480_1" class="yshortcuts" style="border-bottom: medium none; background: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; cursor: hand">Phoenix, Arizona, USA</span>
Hobby-Estore and RC Toy House, California, USA</font></div>
Old 12-17-2009, 11:10 PM
rubberman1982
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE:

I can see it hurting it in series but parallel should just give you more run time, like on the mini revo vxl, you can run either way.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:35 PM
wyorockcrazy

Default RE: RE:

what do you mean by parrallel? i bought extra battery and wires that are Y shaped</p>
Old 12-17-2009, 11:37 PM
wyorockcrazy

by putting to 7.2v batteries together does that equal more voltage then?
Old 12-18-2009, 09:39 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: wyorockcrazy

by putting to 7.2v batteries together does that equal more voltage then?
It depends,when wired in series, they produce more voltage, when wired in parallel, they last longer. Generally it's not a good idea to wire batteries in parallel, because when one gets low, the other tries to charge it and they could be damaged. ESCs that support two batteries may look like they running parallel, but due to internal circuitry, they run in series.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73855.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	1336934  
Old 12-18-2009, 10:09 AM
wyorockcrazy

i would just like to thank everybody for there input, really helps me out alot!