Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

New Novus CX - Lower Rotor Won't Respond

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

New Novus CX - Lower Rotor Won't Respond

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Telson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Novus CX - Lower Rotor Won't Respond

Earlier today, I opened my new Novus CX helicopter. Icharged up the heli-battery and placed charged batteries in the Tx.

Turned on the heli then the Tx and it did the Tx-Rx bind successfully.

The heli was sitting on carpet and I cautiously added power but it would tip to the left and back. I added trim and it tipped over2 or 3 times but always while still sitting on the ground (not from a height). After a few minutes, the heli would not lift off the ground.

I've been fiddling with it since then and have found that the lower main rotor spins at abouthalf speed, regardless of any Tx (collective)instructions.

When I plug the battery to the heli, the lower rotor immediately starts spinning at half speed. The top main rotor remains still. The lower one then continues to spin at half speed, oblivious to the Tx startup and bind process and collective instructions to rotate slower or faster. The top main rotor does obey these same instructions.

I can watch the heli go through its other startup checks and the cyclic instructions are processed normally by the heli.

So... my new helicopter will not take off. Does anyone know why the lower main rotor spins at half speed, all the time, even when the transmitter is off, please?

Thank you!
Telson