Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Novus CP RX will not bind with TX

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Novus CP RX will not bind with TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 09:48 AM
mferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novus CP RX will not bind with TX

Ugh.

Brand new (never flown), Novus CP.

0. Opened box.
1. Charged battery fully
2. Plugged in battery to helicopter (flashing LED on receiver starts)
3. With the trim and the throttle in the lowest position, turn on Transmitter (flashing lights on front of transmitter start)
- After a few (10) seconds, the flashing lights on the top of the transmitter turn solid
- The receiver LED never stops fast-flashing

I've tried restarting the process with the Tx across the room, in a different room, using the left-rudder input trick mentioned on other boards. Even tried the reverse process of turning on the Tx first, then plugging in battery pack on Rx. Nothing. Unplugged both my wifi as well as DECT 6.0 cordless telephones - don't know what else I can try.

LHS where purchased is a good 2 hour drive, so would much rather prefer to just get this going.

Help?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:54 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Novus CP RX will not bind with TX

since this is built by Walkera try this method..
1: turn on the transmitter first, lights should blink.. throttle stick down and trims down.. make sure throttle hold is off!!!!
2. plug in battery and place helicopter on the ground.. or don't move it and hold level... (the gyro has to initialize)
3. the light in the r/x should stop blinking....

all electric heli's and pretty much all r/c.. the Transmitter is turned on first then the reciever next... thats how they setup.. there is a failsafe built in to prevent accidental startup the way you are doing it...

a general rule of thumb with radio control.... transmitter first on and last off....

I didn't notice that you mentioned you tried the reverse radio first then battery... how long are you waiting before you plug in the battery... The Walkera / Heli-max seems to have a time limit on it.... I have found that if you wait more than 5-10 seconds it doesn't want to bind... If that still doesn't work, then you may have an issue... you may have to re-bind the system...
Old 11-30-2009, 10:16 AM
mferris

Thanks -I've tried powering on tx first as well as rx first, etc. The instructions for the CP specifically state that the Heli get's plugged in first then TX turned on (whichI agree is from a safety perpsective illogical). Regardless, neither orientation worked.

There are several accounts of having to move the throttle stick to the lowest - left position - but that didn't work for me either. I

I'm at the point of returning it and ordering a Walkera branded one with brushless and metal parts which looks like a much better product anyway - but for $139 at the LHS- Ifigured what the heck. Any suggestions on where and which one to get? I have a hard time understanding the walkera site.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:03 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Walkera ones... they work fine.. Not really sure what's up with yours, but I guess it happens.. Those instructions cannot be correct, maybe the chinese to english translation screwed them up as well... I've heard Helimax doesn't really undertstand the helicopter, but that was when they first came out...

If you are looking for a good Walkera site, check out Xheli... or even go on Ebay.. there are tons of them listed and they mostly come from China.. shipping is generally very quick.. I got mine in about a week... what you have is considered the 4G3.. but also check out the CB100.. I think thats the new brushless version...
Old 12-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Try low throttle and throttle trim all the way down, throttle hold off and Idle Up off.

Also check the transmitter throttle reverse switch position against the instructions as it may have been changed by someone fiddling with it at the LHS.

Tx on first then plug in the Rx battery (Novus instructions are incorrect).

If none of this works, take it back. This inability to link occured with my first Novus CP. Took it back and opened another...heli linked with my Tx fine and the TX in the box. Rx was bad.

Good luck.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:45 PM
smurphy-rc

What I had to do to get it to "bind" was to place the TX within inches of the heli during the bind process.

Once I figured this out (took me hours to do), it binds right up every time now!
Old 12-28-2009, 01:30 PM
davecal1

I had a similar problem with a CX. It would bind once in awhile but most of the time it would not. Sent it back today. I'll let you know what they figure out.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:31 PM
davecal1

I had a similar problem with a CX. It would bind once in awhile but most of the time it would not. Sent it back today. I'll let you know what they figure out.