Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Swash Plate

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Laffs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swash Plate

Hi All
Irecently got a Heli Max Axe Ez
and wouldnt cha know it, the swash plate has failed, I was wondering if anyone has any instructions on how to change it out.
does it require a full disassemble?
and does anyone have some tips on replacing it and ensureing it still flyes as well as it did before I rip it all apart

thanks and happy flying
Laffs
Old 12-31-2009, 02:54 PM
dragus359
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Swash Plate

I don't own one, but typically when trying to reach the swash plate one would disassemble the rotor head from the top down until you reach the swash plate.  Not all repairs require such invasive procedures though.  If the swash plate doesn't really need replacement, then you might be able to work on it while it's still on the main shaft.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:27 PM
RWT
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Swash Plate

IF that is the one I think it is you have to shuck the mechanism out the the body and pull the battery holder.

The bottom gear has a set screw and the upper gear has two screws that I think are on top of the gear and screw into the hollow shaft. (Those are fun to put back.) Watch for thrust washers on the shafts.

I think the rotors will will pull out of the the top now after unhooking the links. You should be able to get at the swash at this point.

It isn't difficult and if you get everything back in place it should fly. My experience has been the motors don't last long.

My 2 cents.

RT