Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

new HPI savage broke (3rd day of owning it)

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

new HPI savage broke (3rd day of owning it)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Triscuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new HPI savage broke (3rd day of owning it)

ok so i have a new HPIsavage 4.6 and i was tuning it in today and rolled it when i got on the throttle to much RIGHTafter it shifted and well.... it didn't end up so well. Isnapped the upper a-arm on the left front and it took out my back shock on the front left went to a few hobby stores (one store didn't have everything that i needed and the other was overpriced by a lot but i had no option :"(. i am going to try and get the other one to stock my parts but that may take some time of consistantly going/calling in to convince him to order them anyways i just thought i would share my first really incadent with my truck. $30 repair and i am GLADi did not to get some chinese POS
Old 01-09-2010, 04:09 AM
Philly_RC_Guy

Default RE: new HPI savage broke (3rd day of owning it)

Next time you need parts try Ebay. I always find parts on there cheaper than my local hobby shop.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:38 AM
stussman

Welcome to endless money pit of rc
Old 01-09-2010, 07:49 PM
mubus

.... lol my lhs over prices every thing toooo!!! they sell savage xl for 800... while others sell for 600
Old 01-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Triscuit

I can't stand the LHS hobby town... I will only go there when i HAVE to there is another one here like 2 minutes away form hobby town that is AWESOME. I love those guys, he is in it for the hobby not to make money. He will sell trucks/cars and his price (making absolutely no money off them) and then he ups the price of parts just barely xD. so they are still cheaper then i can find online as of now and if he doesn't have them i can get him to order them in for me
Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
crazykat

No kidding about a money pit. Luckily My Savage SS has been holding quite well. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Ok, did I just show my age?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Triscuit

haha. i really do love my savage but i have been having one issue with it i can't figure out. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_94...tm.htm#9407532 if you have any suggestions plz let me know before i get a new set of tires/rims to maybe see if that's what is wrong.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Freezetron

Welcome to modern RC ownership
Old 01-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Triscuit

haha I am excited to play and break stuff.. then get to upgrade it. Like i wanted to do to my car but a $140 speeding ticket and the possibility of going to jail and getting my license suspended made me think about other ways of having fun like this haha.