Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

JL-10e vs TC4

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 10:43 AM
bside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JL-10e vs TC4

Hi everyone, getting ready to purchase my first 1/10 TC and I'm considering either the OFNAJL-10e or AE TC4.

Leaning towards the JL-10e at this point mostly due to price. ~$120 for a roller and I've already got Rx, Tx, ESC and servo. That means about $200 and I'm up and running.

I'll be running mod class (no 1/10 stock class at my local track...) with a 10T brushed motor, Novak GT7 ESC and probably 7 cell NIMH to start. I know this won't win any races but there's no stock class and I'm not ready to go BLyet - Season wraps up in June so this is really only to get my feet wet this year.

That being said the JL10e looks like great value. I'd like the TC4 but it's an extra $100 for stock electronics I'll never use...

Any thoughts? Can the JL10e handle a mod motor without modification? Any essential upgrades?

Thanks!!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Willystylz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JL-10e vs TC4

I was reading up on this car on one of the other forums and seems like a pretty good value. Plus I didn't read many negatives about it. The only thing I learned was that the battery posts were a little brittle, but that's it.

I can't see any reason why the JL-10e wouldn't be able to handle any motor you throw at it.

I say go for it!