Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

esc

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 03:14 AM
rhinoally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esc

i just put a "duratrx sprint"esc into my stampede,i needed reverse.The problem is it runs very fast in reverse,but does not brake well or go into forward very fast.My evader has the same esc and it runs great.Any ideas.Is ther a special way to set this up?
Old 09-11-2003, 08:05 PM
geoboy
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: esc

Try turning the throttle trim up.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:46 AM
Orcinus

To me it almost sounds like you have the motor wired backwards to the ESC, and the throttle channel reversed on the radio...
Old 09-12-2003, 06:05 AM
geoboy
My Feedback: (5)

IF he had it wired wrong, then it wouldnt work!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Orcinus

No, if he had the motor wired wrong, it would operate in reverse, which is why the throttle channel on the radio would also have to be reversed. This would explain his fast speeds in reverse and slow forward if he had a motor with lots of advance timing.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:35 AM
28ga

I don't know how the Sprint is set up, but with my LRP and Novak ESCs the setup routine must be followed exactly or it will not work right?
Old 03-06-2010, 01:42 PM
isaacstaco

i know this is an old thread, but my new Associated AI Auto Pro does the exact same thing. is it supposed to do this? i was thinking maybe its like that to be easier on the gears?? everything is connected correctly andi already turned the throttle trim up.with my stock esc i was able to go in reverse and snap the throttle for a wheelie.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:11 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

best to make a new thread resurrecting old ones is usually a very bad idea seeing most people only read the 1st few posts and respond to the original question

and try reversing the motor wires, and hitting the channel 2 reverse switch on your controller. It should fool the ESC into thinking its going reverse and give you the full power.
I've also noticed some ESC's don't allow the snapping which I'm guessing is so you don't destroy the gears