Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

4 wheel steering

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:14 PM
pancakeboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 wheel steering

how do u make a savage x 4.6 into 4 wheel steering and is it a smart thing to do?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:06 PM
CR500rider

Default RE: 4 wheel steering

im not sure how its done, but i have heard about it. Not sure i would do it though. I think it would be too much of a handfull at higher speeds
Old 04-13-2010, 08:35 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Try putting the front end assembly on the rear. Get some servo arm/wire extensions and create something. You'd probably want some type of regulator to limit the amount of steering that the rear would do. You definitely would not want it to be full steering like the front, as that would turn into a flipping fiesta.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Rockabilly Basher

Just say that you could get the rear to stear like the front, and have the ability to durn down the front and rear servos, I would think that you would keep the front and rear steering the same amount.  just have them both turned down to less than 50%

But - i am a big fan of having the rear pointing straight.  just like with dirtbikes - start the turn and hit the gas to spin the back tires to help turn.  Then when it oversteers you turn back into it and come out looking like a champ. 

only time I can think of having one of these trucks have rear steer is if it was a rock crawler or if you really like doing cyclones.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:58 AM
wolfie1

i have thought about this before about converting my xl to rear wheel steering, i thought about experimenting on my savage 25 and it was a lot of hassle, so i decided to buy a cen genesis truck cause it is convertible to rear wheel steering which i am waiting for the lit to arrive and will see how that works out before i go any further with trying to convert the savage
Old 04-14-2010, 08:01 AM
woodwore69

I bought a kit years ago and never installed it the servo sits behind the diff