Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Toyzcastle.co.uk...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 06:37 PM
snakestretcher52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyzcastle.co.uk...

...are selling an IR battle set consisting of a T34 and a Tiger for, what seems, a very cheap price for 1/16th models. Are these any good? A couple of poor videos I've seen appear to show them having just one speed-unrealistically fast. These are Trumpeter models. Comments?</p>
Old 04-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Toyzcastle.co.uk...

Not thethen you can move to some of the other brands and understand why and how things need to be upgraded. A good starter HL is the Tiger I. Many upgrades available and a good working model.best to start with as they need some improvements straight out of the bx. Buy a Heng Long first and then learn how to upgrade and repair these.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I have 5 of the T34's - they are very nice models, but not very robust mechanically [] - I've not broken any yet, but I don't abuse them like some others here do, to me they are an occasional "and now for something completely different" battle tank
I'm not sure how the WSN Tiger stacks up against the real thing, but the HL version is not a good scale model, and poor mechanically if you get stuck with an early version (tho hopefully these have all gone now). But I have seen some very nice models made out of the WSN Tiger, if thats more your bag.

Either way you will have to bin the electronics if you want anything other than a toy - the IR systems are ok for entertaining the kids in the backyard, but not compatible with any of the clubs out there. The gearboxes are their main Achilles heal, plastic on plastic will wear in time
All of my T34's have been converted to HL electronics and DBC / DBCRC2 battle systems. Other guys in my club have fitted Asiatam gearboxes and beefed up the suspension arms, and I will probably do the same in time.

HTH,
Mart
Old 04-19-2010, 06:36 AM
snakestretcher52

Thanks, I suspected the mechanics might not be up to much. I already have a recent HL Tiger 1 with metal tracks, sprocket and idler and the more robust 3:1 gearing. I'm waiting for them to do the Pershing with these improvements; I'd attempt upgrading myself but I'd only screw things up!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:26 AM
kevinx1688

You guys has found the TRUMPETER 1/16 RC M16 Halftruck??
See below link:

<font color="#00265e">http://www.spitfire-intl.com/?fproduct/l1/i138</font>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17331.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	1420892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tv40815.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1420893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17331.jpg