Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

DANGER at THE RACES

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 12:51 AM
atraumanurse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DANGER at THE RACES

Was racing on Sunday and an 8 yo boy was spotting a corner. He had his back to the track when an out of control driver went off a jump. I saw it hit the small of his back and since the driver was at full throttle it continued on hitting the back of his head. He went down and from what I understand he required multi stiches and a bruise to his brain. This is just a reminder to always be aware of your surroundings while cars are on the track. I am sure this is not the only time something like this has happened.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:41 AM
ryansiki

Default RE: DANGER at THE RACES

Poor Kid. You should always be aware of your surroundings. Not too long ago my brother ran into a pole chasing a tennis ball. Well we were playing keep away and he was running under the bleachers.Made it past the first 5 or so, but ended up hitting one. Needed 30 stiches and you could see his skull. Being aware of your surroundings is very important.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:05 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is very true.. I saw a kid get his kneecap busted by an RC10 Alum tub many years ago. Gotta ask why an 8yr old was spotting a corner during a race. most tracks around here won't let you out there if you're under 12 or so..
Old 04-26-2010, 08:07 AM
ElectricGuy007

Wow that's just terrible. [:@]
Some tracks have safty rules they obide by. Apparently that's just wrong to do that to an innocent kid.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:37 AM
MTboy

Sorry to hear about this. Poor kid, bet the driver feels really bad.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:24 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: MTboy

Sorry to hear about this. Poor kid, bet the driver feels really bad.
I feel bad when I clip an adult... But hey.... They're adults and should know better. I had a guy jump right in front of my slash as it was leaving the face of a table top. Nothing I could due to stop it but at least it only hit his hip.... He was a "fluffy" guy anyway so i don't think it hurt too much ")
Old 04-26-2010, 09:42 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was watching a race a couple of years ago when two Truggy's where racing to a corner.. they touched and one of them cartwheeled over the wall and hit me on the leg.. had a couple of bruises, but nothing bad.. a few minutes before there was a family with several very young children standing there.. The track director was alert enough to move them away from that area just before this happened... I understand the dangers of racing, but young kids still think these are toys and don't understand how dangerous they can be.... I hope that young boy is OK...
Old 04-26-2010, 01:35 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always pays to remember that RC's can be very dangerous. Not just cars, but people have been killed by RC planes and boats.