Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Micro t 180mah 2s lipo will not charge?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Micro t 180mah 2s lipo will not charge?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Redvanmafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro t 180mah 2s lipo will not charge?

I soldered on some female deans on my team losi 180mah 2s lipo, and tryed to charge it with my duratrax ice charger, and it charges for 2 seconds then says it charged, would this be the internal low voltage cut off circuitry getting in the way? ive tryed everything.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:59 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Micro t 180mah 2s lipo will not charge?

What settings are you charging it at? The built in lvc shouldn't be stopping it from charging, but I believe it also has built in overcharge protection which might be kicking in. You should be charging that pack at no more than .2A, although personally I would charge it at .1A. I'm not at all familiar with your charger, but I had an MRC that would not charge a micro LiPo, it didn't like being set that low. My turnigy charger worked fine with it though.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Redvanmafia

Yeah my charger doesnt seem to like to charge this micro lipo. i'll have to pick up the little losi one
Old 05-02-2010, 02:10 AM
rc18junky

i had charging problems to with a lipo charger i have and it was the cutoff . what i did was take the battery apart and took the little electronic board out it was not need because i have the brushless esc and it has one built in the esc . it not hard to do its a little electronic board connect between the battery and the micro plug just snip it off with a wire cutter and connect the wires back together and put a flux on it . but if you still using the stock esc don't do it you need the brushless esc