Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

QQ Beast Engine????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 10:29 PM
flynhighr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QQ Beast Engine????

I was wondering what motor QQ has on the H9 Beast that he flies in the videos??? In the pictures it shows two exhaust pipes coming out of the cowl. I was just wondering if it is the DA 100 or what? I am thinking about buying this plane but want it to hover at like 1/2 throttle so I dont know what engine. In his review he says the DA 100 is good for IMC but he said the Evolution would be great for 3D. What motor?????
Old 01-26-2010, 11:20 PM
cjcyclesrc
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: QQ Beast Engine????

The Beast QQ was flying at the Joe Nall had a DA-100.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:09 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: michaelschildberg

I was wondering what motor QQ has on the H9 Beast that he flies in the videos??? In the pictures it shows two exhaust pipes coming out of the cowl. I was just wondering if it is the DA 100 or what? I am thinking about buying this plane but want it to hover at like 1/2 throttle so I dont know what engine. In his review he says the DA 100 is good for IMC but he said the Evolution would be great for 3D. What motor?????
DA100L or the new DA120 that is coming in something like a month, so they say. Remember it's a bipe (draggy airframe) so even a big single is going to have some power issues. Also take note on who was flying it in the video's. QQ could make a washing machine look good
Old 01-27-2010, 10:42 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

or the new DA120 that is coming in something like a month, so they say.

which they?

and yes, the 120 looks like a great option
Old 01-27-2010, 10:49 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

which they?

Sleepy and the gang on FG
Old 01-27-2010, 02:09 PM
bhall01
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flying my "legacy version" QQ Pitts Python - basically the same airframe - with a BME 116 and a pair of MTW75 canisters. Beyond plenty of power.... accelerates going stright up.

Great combination and the lightweight BME was a great aid for balancing the plane. Also assemble another one for a buddy, his with a DA-100, and the batteries (Rx and ignition) all had to go way back to the front of the stabilizer to acheive balance. My ignition battery is on the motor-box and my Rx batteries are right behind the gas tank.

DA-120 is supposed to be a bit lighter than the DA-100L, so that would help some too.

Below are a couple of Joe Nall shots of my re-covered/re-finished QQ Python

BJH
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85095.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1365802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bn77145.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	1365803  
Old 01-27-2010, 02:55 PM
cjcyclesrc
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: bhall01

Flying my "legacy version" QQ Pitts Python - basically the same airframe - with a BME 116 and a pair of MTW75 canisters. Beyond plenty of power.... accelerates going stright up.

Great combination and the lightweight BME was a great aid for balancing the plane. Also assemble another one for a buddy, his with a DA-100, and the batteries (Rx and ignition) all had to go way back to the front of the stabilizer to acheive balance. My ignition battery is on the motor-box and my Rx batteries are right behind the gas tank.

DA-120 is supposed to be a bit lighter than the DA-100L, so that would help some too.

Below are a couple of Joe Nall shots of my re-covered/re-finished QQ Python

BJH
I looked at your plane and talked to you at the Joe Nall last year. Nice job of recovering the Python!!
Old 01-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Hi Guys,

The Beast is extremely light with DA100L and stock mufflers! I mean really light! With 120 should be even lighter! Plane is built around DA100(L).

Hopefully more info will be available when timing is closer to release of the plane in the market for everyone to enjoy it!

Beast will be lighter than Python if one follows the assembly manual of the plane. And can be even lighter if one uses JR 8911HV and eliminates the regulators!

I'd say it will be lighter than most any 100cc class plane.

Take Care,
Reza
Old 02-01-2010, 11:03 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: michaelschildberg

DA100L or the new DA120 that is coming in something like a month, so they say. Remember it's a bipe (draggy airframe) so even a big single is going to have some power issues. Also take note on who was flying it in the video's. QQ could make a washing machine look good
I agree and would wait for the 120. BME 116 would be my other choice.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:50 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

What about the 3w110? I have a 110CS and its ripping a 28x10. Stepping up to a 30x10 this spring.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:38 AM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Does it have the same bolt pattern of DA100? If so, just bolt it on otherwise pop the blind nuts that are already installed from factory and plug them, drill it for you engine[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 05-05-2010, 10:57 PM
BandBHobbies

DLE111 waiting for mine to show up. Lighter and more power at a great price.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

which they?

Sleepy and the gang on FG
Dave piped in on one thread over there in mid-March saying they were taking pre-orders and when I ordered mine on 3-18-10 I was told late April/early May. Haven't seen it yet so the late April date didn't make it but I also spoke with someone else who'd pre-ordered later than me and he was told late May.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:49 PM
zac dady

I was told late summer[&o] don,t know what that means. I'm currently building a 35% toc katana.