Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Blew a tire

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:29 PM
geepfreek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blew a tire

Running my 8.0 and doing some jumps. I guess I came down on a rock and ripped the rubber. What I thought was a patch of dirt on the tire was actually the foam showing. [:@] I realized when I saw the tire flapping at full speed that I knew what had happened.

I swapped tires from my Aftershock which are a bit heavier. I noticed that the temps went up and my clutch started slipping a little.
Whattires are you guys running? I had the big joes. They where fine, but not my cup of tea. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2010, 10:08 PM
CranKitUP

Default RE: Blew a tire

I prefer running the tires from the 4.6 over the 8.0 tires. They are bigger, wider, & a lil harder than the 8.0s'. The 8.0 tires seem too soft and causes the truck to role over more.
I also like the tread patten on the 4.6 tires...looks more like a monster truck!

Depending on the terrain...i run Big Joes or the 4.6 tires [sm=regular_smile.gif]
Old 05-19-2010, 10:48 PM
geepfreek

Has anyone tryed the 40 series Mashers or Moab?
Old 05-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Goatcrapp

I'm hoping that stuffing the stock tires with stiffer foam will help.. I haven't had the chance to test it - but i took my stocker 8.0 tires, and put in a much higher density foam.

they were balooning up too easy at speed, and yes - rollovers became a concern, even when changing up the suspension to a point where the truck was more balanced all around - those tires still liked to fold under themselves.   They had also been wet plenty of times - so the foam was in pretty sad shape.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:50 PM
animalnut

ORIGINAL: geepfreek

Has anyone tryed the 40 series Mashers or Moab?
the mashers are nice but very soft (tons of traction) but they will show quick wear if you run them on road, all around for off road there awesome though.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:34 PM
geepfreek

does anyone have a link to order the dace 23mm adapters for the mgt 8.0? Are the proline wheels any good still I saw where someone was saying they aren't as good as others.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:56 PM
nightwolf1969c

I run the proline 23mm adapters on my 8.0 with big joes and have had on trouble with them
Old 05-31-2010, 07:34 AM
driller2948

Dace went out of business if i'm not mistaken! Shame that happened I love mine. You can run any truggy adapter with the right axle most are only 17mm.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:05 PM
CranKitUP

I run the Proline HD adapters with my Big Joes. Just make sure they are installed correctly and that BOTH nuts are tight. If the smaller nut is loose it will ruin the adapter. The larger can loosen over time and when it does come off, u will most likely loose it. With bigger adapters, ive broken a few axle pins on bad landings and crashes.