Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Beginner Vechile

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 12:58 AM
EvaderSpeedRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner Vechile

Hello I have a R/C Boat and i'm looking into nitro r/c cars/trucks. What would be a good beginner vechile. I want speed but not too much maintance(I know nitro needs maintance but the least maintance possible)and under 350 for everything to get it on my road and running.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:10 AM
lazoj

Default Beginner Vechile

I have had great fun with my HPI rs3 ss, paid about 250 for it at a LHS. It has a lot of room to hop up, and is a lot of fun to drive. the ss motor has good power too.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:51 AM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Default Beginner Vechile

are you looking for a ST, monster, buggy, or car??????
Old 07-25-2003, 01:56 AM
EvaderSpeedRacer

Default Beginner Vechile

I want a buggy or car.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:01 PM
foxy-delete

Default Beginner Vechile

Dont do the misstake as i did, go for the HPI RS4!!
or maybe don't. First of all. check ur closest hobby shop what parts they serve, then choose the 'car' after what parts they sell... I got a kyosho whit a Kyosho dealer around the corner. If u get a HPI here at my hous u'll have to wait 1 week for a part from towerhobbies to come or u must make a big trip to a HPI dealer... u might see my point. Since its u're first car that means u're gonna break alot of parts so i'd choose a close dealer who got parts for the car
Old 07-25-2003, 01:21 PM
EvaderSpeedRacer

Default Beginner Vechile

Well there is one like 2 minutes away but i don't know what they sell. But there is one like 20 minutes away that sells Team Losi, Mugen Seiki, Traxxas, HPI, OFNA, Kyosho, Team Associated, Duratrax, and MegaTech.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Shadow102

Default Beginner Vechile

how about a complete RTR ofna GT LX buggy with hi torque steering servo and rechargable reciever pack for 200 plus shipping. This would be your best bet it idles forever has very little matinence as long as you clean it up and almost never breaks parts...the only thing that has gone wrong was the two screws holding the front shocks bent. lmk if you are interested
Old 07-25-2003, 02:06 PM
foxy-delete

Default Beginner Vechile

eww buggy lol, i would go for RS4 if u had a HPI dealer 20 mins away! My choice nothing else
Old 07-25-2003, 04:11 PM
nitroman88

Default Beginner Vechile

I would get a buggy, since you could run it onroad and offroad. this way you wouldnt have to buy both a onroad and a offroad.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:10 PM
EvaderSpeedRacer

Default Beginner Vechile

I want a OFNA Ultra LX Pro RTR w/25. Is that a good buy?
Old 07-25-2003, 05:15 PM
foxy-delete

Default Beginner Vechile

Nitro, everyone got their own taste. i just put on my Rally tires and i can go ''off road''... its dust secured and even run quite good in some water terrain... i mean wet terrain... Anyway i think the buggy's are the ugliest thing in RC history! so i'd go whit a On-Road/Rally car.. like Subaru or something.. much more nice then a buggy.. Super Nitro Rally is a quite cool car if u ask me... just my opinoin nothing else
Old 07-25-2003, 05:16 PM
foxy-delete

Default Beginner Vechile

Here's a good site as a exemple of a HPI Super Nitro Rally...
http://www.h-trainer.ch.vu/
Old 07-25-2003, 05:16 PM
996TT

Default Same here !!!!

I'm going to get OFNA Ultra LX Pro RTR w/25 this weekend. Can anyone please give me advice about this 1/'8th buggy. My cousin got it last week and it is hella fun but only when everything works. He has a problem starting up his engine even with the starter box and that makes me doubt the quality of the engine.PLease post your opinion and advice. What are the pros and cons ? ( if anyone happens to know)

thanks in advance
996TT
Old 07-25-2003, 06:30 PM
nitroman88

Default Beginner Vechile

Originally posted by foxy
Nitro, everyone got their own taste. i just put on my Rally tires and i can go ''off road''... its dust secured and even run quite good in some water terrain... i mean wet terrain... Anyway i think the buggy's are the ugliest thing in RC history! so i'd go whit a On-Road/Rally car.. like Subaru or something.. much more nice then a buggy.. Super Nitro Rally is a quite cool car if u ask me... just my opinoin nothing else
I rally car still has very low GC, It would suck on a offroad track. for onroad/offroad use a buggy is still the better decision even if they are ugly.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:47 PM
foxy-delete

Default Beginner Vechile

lol, eww they are horrible to look at !! u wont get a crowd whit one!! whit a nice HPI RS4 and a Skyline body everyone will say : look at that awesome Skyline R34 hes got. i want a same mommie!! anyway. dont tell that the buggy is better on road, it might go abit faster in a drag or so but it wont have same performance as a Rally one... ohwell i dont know much about buggies then their ugly but a Rally one would be soo much more fun off or on road... speed aint everything =)
Old 07-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

Default Re: Same here !!!!

Originally posted by 996TT
I'm going to get OFNA Ultra LX Pro RTR w/25 this weekend. Can anyone please give me advice about this 1/'8th buggy. My cousin got it last week and it is hella fun but only when everything works. He has a problem starting up his engine even with the starter box and that makes me doubt the quality of the engine.PLease post your opinion and advice. What are the pros and cons ? ( if anyone happens to know)

thanks in advance
996TT
Buy thicker axles, or better yet, buy an MBX Pro for another $30-50 more (price of thicker axles).