Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

woud buying the hpi rs4 ss cost more than the hpi rs4 rtr

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

woud buying the hpi rs4 ss cost more than the hpi rs4 rtr

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 01:43 PM
booo take a sit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default woud buying the hpi rs4 ss cost more than the hpi rs4 rtr

i am a begginer but i would like a fast car and i like to build stuff my own,but would like to spend little will buying the rs4 ss with all the setup cost way more money than the hpi rs4 rtr how much more than? i would like a better quality product and i heard the rs4 ss is way better
Old 07-25-2003, 05:24 PM
speenair

Well When you buy a kit you need a radio and all that fun stuff... A ready to run u just need fuel and a glow igniter and maybe more or less depending on the kit. if u got a good raio already go for the ss, because it is better when you buil yur own car then you can repair it easier. In the long run the price difference is worth it because now you have a custom car that is better quality because you made it. GO FOR THE SS!!!
Old 07-25-2003, 06:48 PM
aznx2fine

speenair, he asked a simple question (no offense, just saying), yes the ss will cost more because of the extra accessories needed. but the ss is MUCH better in the long run because of the extras it comes with and you can choose your own radio and will have to build your car so you will be more prepared in case of break down
Old 07-25-2003, 06:52 PM
booo take a sit

can i upgrade the rtr version to the ss version is that possible can i upgrade the rtr version more better? will this cost alot? if i do get the ss version how much will everything cost me the rtr is like 250 will it cost way more than that????
Old 07-25-2003, 06:55 PM
migueloo

the ss will cost u about $370 to get it running with a decent radio. the rtr costs about $300 to get it running. the ss comes with a better engine and a 2-speed transmision.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:58 PM
aznx2fine

if you want the rtr to be the same as thje ss then it WILL be more expensive the buying a the ss, BUT with that same amount of money you spend on making the rtr up to spec with the ss, you can customize it to your liking and maybe even outclass the ss.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:44 PM
HabeebThe711Guy

ss all the way its better in everyway if you compare it to the rtr. and you get to build it like you said you liked to do so double whammy.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:53 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

I had an SS with the 2 stock servos that came with the JR XR3i.

No complaints there! That radio was awesome. IT was FM, had all of the basic settings and even a few goodies.

I bought the kit for $270 and the radio for $170. total $450

Wow.. thats a lot of money! lol
Ram