Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

2010 Liberty Bell Jet Rally

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

2010 Liberty Bell Jet Rally

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Greg G
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2010 Liberty Bell Jet Rally

Mike and entire LBJR crew,
Thanks for all your hard work for organizing and running such a great event. The weather was fantastic and I had a great time seeing old and new friends. I really look forward to these jet events. I am finally having a lot of fun flying my little sport jet and I was really honored to receive the best sport jet award. Thanks again, and I look forward to LBJR 2011!

Greg
Old 08-10-2010, 07:52 AM
RickBoyer
My Feedback: (37)

Dear Mike, Cindy and the Liberty Bell Jet Rally Crew!

You guys have worked very hard for many years to build a great jet event and as always you never dissapoint!! It was great to see your team again and fly with old friends on the flight line at Donegal Springs Airport. And Mike, I forgot to complement you on your outstanding F-4. Can't wait to see you fly it! Thanks again for hosting the 2010 LBJR!

See you soon!

Rick
Old 08-10-2010, 11:58 AM
rfrantz

Thanks to Mike and the crew for four great days of jet flying. Having been a spectator for many years this was my first time as a participant and I was very impressed with the piloting skills of many flyers particularly my friend Ron Stahl. Ron flew my seriously no ridiculously tail heavy Reaction on it's maiden flight and brought it back to mother earth in one piece. Ron's abilities and expirence with a vast selection of different aircraft including UAVs turned what would have been a disaster in my fieble hands into a salvagable test flight. Thank you my friend. Ron maidend the first RC plane I ever built and many more since then but wouldn't you know the one plane I botch the set up on would be the most expensive one. So if anyone witnessed our flight don't blame Ron, I would put him right up there with Lewis on the save of the day pedestal.

Thanks again to everyone

Bob
Old 08-10-2010, 03:26 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cindy, Mike and the rest of the LBJR crew, thanks once again for an outstanding event. It had to be one of the best yet. No, it was the best yet, as it just gets better and better each year.

And the weather this year. Wow! Dang near perfect. ;-)

Thank you very much for the special recognition award. That pretty much made my year. Most unexpected and very humbly received.

See you soon!
...jim
Old 08-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Bob your welcome and those are nice words. So everyone knows the only thing I didn't check myself was the CG balance before I flew Bob's plane. There have been 5 reactions in our group and one of the guys changed the fore and aft balance with Bob and told me it was right where mine was, when they were done. Well he was way wrong! Thank goodness we set triple rate elevator rates for the flight as it was "Three bears beds" kind of flight one rate was too much, the second was not enough, and the thrid was just right until we lowered the flaps and I needed more down elevator throw to set a glide slope. When I switched to the higher rates I had way to much up throw and not enough down to hold it level for some reason. I landed a little off the runway in the grass with just a set of bent main gear legs. We will set it up to my settings which we would have done, but I didn't bring mine to the event.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Robert Wagoner
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: f106jax

Another Liberty Bell Jet Rally in the history books. Wow, what a great time that Cindy, Lisa, Harold, the crew, and I had!! Perfect weather all 4 days, very safe flying, and the best part: visiting with many friends and making new friends! Thanks to all of the pilots and crew members, the spectators (especially Tom from Rochester), the airport neighbors who welcome us to their community, and most of all....our crew who does a super job of making everything run so smoothly and making it look easy.

The award winners were:

Best of Show - sponsored by Frank Tiano Enterprises / Florida Jets
Phil Nuza F-100D

Best Scale Jet - sponsored by US SimJet LLC
Lewis Patton F-15

Best Sport Jet - sponsored by Bob Violett Models
Greg Garneau - Jet Blast (personal design and build)

Best Electric Jet - sponsored by Electric Jet Factory
Bob Klenke F4D Skyray

Special Recognition Scale Performance - sponsored by Frank Tiano Enterprises / Zap Gang
Joe Lewis F-86

Special Recognition Sport Performance - sponsored by Frank Tiano Enterprises / Zap Gang
Jim Brown Reaction
Great job again Mike, Cindy & the LBJR crew. Looks like everyone had a another great time flying jets. Brian, thanks for taking and sharing the event pictures - Super quality. Congrats to all the award winners.

RW
Old 08-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry it took so long but here are a few pics from Liberty Bell.

Again Thanks to Mike Cindy and Lisa and the whole crew at Liberty Bell. And Thank You for the Special Performance Award for Best Military Performance. I have to say that it was truly a suprise.

Thanks
Joe Lewis
Kingtech
K-80 Owner
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66012.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	1483527   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28018.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	148.0 KB