Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

2801 PRO....ANYONE USE THIS RADIO?

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

2801 PRO....ANYONE USE THIS RADIO?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:11 PM
DEATHPROOFHELI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2801 PRO....ANYONE USE THIS RADIO?

I have a few questions about flight modes that come pre- programmed. if anyone could help would really appreciate!</p>
Old 06-01-2010, 09:02 AM
emil_dimitrijevic

Default RE: 2801 PRO....ANYONE USE THIS RADIO?

I have 2801 pro, but I cannot help you, because I've tried to change the settings and I can't. It's pre programmed - and it's for beginners.
So - if you know the way to check the settings, tell me and I'll help you
Old 06-09-2010, 02:59 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was wondering about these TX's myself. They have a relatively high price tag. But having a 8 channel TX that can't be customized or able to change settings for it, sort of defeats the purpose of getting one.
I was reading where a number of guys were somewhat upset as they had to send the TX's back to China and Walkera to have their internal flash memory reprogrammed to fix bugs that the newer versions of firmware had. Shipping wasn't all that cheap when you do it as a individual as compared to a business with a shipping contract with a shipper.

So does it support exponential, dual rates, changing throttle curves, servo throw, etc? Can you store settings for multiple models, planes or heli's?

The Wk2801 manual shows it to have various settings one can adjust: http://www.walkera-heli.com/manual/W2801_expe.pdf

The 2801 Pro manual also shows that one change use a number of useful settings to change things too: http://www.walkera-heli.com/manual/W2801PRO_expe.pdf
With an 8 model memory as well.

But what bothers me is some sellers with the 2801 TX on sale, state that it is for the 4 channel heli's only. So it has me wondering if they didn't program these for just those heli's only and you can't change the settings or anything.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:28 AM
hjns

Yes, it supports expo, D/R, throttle/pitch curves, subtrim, trav adj, servo mix, mutliple models, etc.

good buy!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:53 PM
talisay
My Feedback: (1)

I wonder if my WK 2801 TX can be used for "mini titan e325" I just want simple ftying for my future super cobra.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

ORIGINAL: earlwb

I was wondering about these TX's myself. They have a relatively high price tag. But having a 8 channel TX that can't be customized or able to change settings for it, sort of defeats the purpose of getting one.
I was reading where a number of guys were somewhat upset as they had to send the TX's back to China and Walkera to have their internal flash memory reprogrammed to fix bugs that the newer versions of firmware had. Shipping wasn't all that cheap when you do it as a individual as compared to a business with a shipping contract with a shipper.

So does it support exponential, dual rates, changing throttle curves, servo throw, etc? Can you store settings for multiple models, planes or heli's?

The Wk2801 manual shows it to have various settings one can adjust: http://www.walkera-heli.com/manual/W2801_expe.pdf

The 2801 Pro manual also shows that one change use a number of useful settings to change things too: http://www.walkera-heli.com/manual/W2801PRO_expe.pdf
With an 8 model memory as well.

But what bothers me is some sellers with the 2801 TX on sale, state that it is for the 4 channel heli's only. So it has me wondering if they didn't program these for just those heli's only and you can't change the settings or anything.

"DO NOT BUY A 2801" As they are the older versions just for the micro helis and planes.... You need the 2801 Pro... I have the 2801 pro and love it... It has the same specs as the Spektrum DX7 but with tha bonus of the added 8th channel. As for the settings on the radio they all can be changed just like the Dx7. Check out wow hobbies for a great price on the radio.