Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

DUDRO insulated vibration reducing mounts

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

DUDRO insulated vibration reducing mounts

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:29 AM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DUDRO insulated vibration reducing mounts

any tips on installing the insulated vibration mounts ? getting them square and straight
Old 09-06-2010, 08:36 PM
SeamusG

Default RE: DUDRO insulated vibration reducing mounts

I'd install it using guidelines meant for a standard 2-piece mount (like SIG's). Yea, the Dubro unit is aluminum rather than a glass composite but getting it aligned and positioning the engine fore-n-aft would be the same. You have the option to either tap the engine mount holes are through bolt the engine bolts using Ny-lock nuts on the bottom side.

I have a 3 page pdf file that shows the steps but I 'm not sure that I can attach the file to a post.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:18 AM
szig

ORIGINAL: SeamusG

I'd install it using guidelines meant for a standard 2-piece mount (like SIG's). Yea, the Dubro unit is aluminum rather than a glass composite but getting it aligned and positioning the engine fore-n-aft would be the same. You have the option to either tap the engine mount holes are through bolt the engine bolts using Ny-lock nuts on the bottom side.

I have a 3 page pdf file that shows the steps but I 'm not sure that I can attach the file to a post.

Same as upload images. Max. 6000KB.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:22 PM
SeamusG

Thx. The "BETA:Multi-File Upload"only allows for image file types. The old standard version allows for all files.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Qn38445.pdf (596.5 KB, 5 views)