Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Gas boat lakes in the UK

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Gas boat lakes in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 05:56 PM
samuelmerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas boat lakes in the UK

Does anybody know of any Gas boat lakes in the UK. i have access to one (bristol docks) via the club (bristol pegasus MPBC) i am in but could do with knowing a few more.....
Old 07-27-2010, 11:40 AM
omra

Default RE: Gas boat lakes in the UK

bryn bach park is another one,In wales between abergavenny and merthyr tydfil.Go on OMRA website,should be model boat clubs on there.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:16 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not join the BMPRS ,cheapest membership in the UK with full insurance cover .Check the website for venues and clubs etc,also theres a big weekend meet at Silverstone race track next month there will be about 5-6 of my Apache and Navaho hulls running there ,i cant make it as im visiting my parents that week but should be a great weekend of fun and racing ,also anyones welcome to race on the day for this one.
Mart
http://www.bmprs.co.uk/
Old 07-27-2010, 01:32 PM
qdemon

Hi Sanual
I live in Plymouth, sorry to say our only lake (at Cadover Bridge Dartmoor has been sold off to the local fishing club so I have nowhere to run only salt water
thinking seriously about selling off the fleet.

2 x PPB DragCats,
2 x AC Lazer 45s,
1 x AC Edge hydro,
1 X AC Razor,
1 x PPB Skater Cat,

Bob.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:46 PM
martno1fan

Nothing wrong with salt water just regular maintenance is all you need and its not a problem.
Mart
Old 07-27-2010, 05:59 PM
samuelmerry

thanks for the info, i cannot seem to find any info on insurance on the bmprs website, i will give them a call.
i could really do with a practice lake before going into a race, need to do the fine tuning.....
Old 07-28-2010, 02:15 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: samuelmerry

thanks for the info, i cannot seem to find any info on insurance on the bmprs website, i will give them a call.
i could really do with a practice lake before going into a race, need to do the fine tuning.....
Hi Samuel if you click to download the membership form you will see it includes insurance,this covers you against injury or injuring someone else or damaging property but doesnt cover your boat or anyone elses im afraid but thats the same for any insurance for model boats.Membership is just £10 and £8 after that if you renew before a certain date.Just fill in the form and send it off with a cheque and they will give you a members number ,you can have one put on your boat.To be a member you dont need to race,i dont but if and when you fancy it and can get to a race then you just need to book in.
Mart
http://www.bmprs.co.uk/BMPRS%20Membership%20form2.pdf
Old 08-12-2010, 07:20 AM
samuelmerry

getting frustrated.... everywhere i call and ask say no....
why is this country so anal!!!!
all i want is a lake i can go and test on.......
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:25 AM
samuelmerry

I have located a lake and thought i would pass on the info
<div class="addr" jstcache="104" jsvalues="classNamei.lba&amp;&amp;i.lba.cr8Line1 ?'':'addr')"><span jstcache="106" jsdisplay="m.b_s!=4" jsvalues="$title:i.title;$laddr:m.laddr;$addrurl:i .addressUrl;$features:features"><div jsinstance="0" jstcache="108" jsselect="i.addressLines" jsvalues="$addrline:$this;"><span dir="ltr" jstcache="110" jsdisplay="$title||!$laddr||!$addrurl" jsvalues="innerHTML:$addrline;dir:bidiDir($addrlin e,true)">
Croft farm water park
Bredons Hardwick</span></div><div jsinstance="*1" jstcache="108" jsselect="i.addressLines" jsvalues="$addrline:$this;"><span dir="ltr" jstcache="110" jsdisplay="$title||!$laddr||!$addrurl" jsvalues="innerHTML:$addrline;dir:bidiDir($addrlin e,true)">Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire GL20 7EE</span></div><div style="display: none;" jstcache="109" jsdisplay="$features.embed&amp;&amp;!i.title&amp;& amp;!m.laddr&amp;&amp;i.addressLines&amp;&amp;i.pl ace_url"><br jstcache="0" />Get Directions</div></span></div><div jsinstance="*0" jstcache="114" jsselect="i.phones" jsvalues="$type:$this.type;$mobile:!!$features.mob ile" class="phone"><span jstcache="115" dir="ltr" jsdisplay="!$mobile" jscontent="$this.number">01684 772 321

</span></div><div id="iwhomepage" jstcache="119" jsvalues="id:'iwhomepage'" jsdisplay="i.hp&amp;&amp;i.hp.url&amp;&amp;!(i.lba &amp;&amp;i.lba.cr8Line1)">croftfarmleisure.co.uk<span jstcache="59" jscontent="bidiMark()">&lrm;</span></div>
They will let you run after 5 pm, all you need to do is put a couple of quid in the RNLI box and you can run all evening. I was there for a good 4 hours or so....
you do get a couple of windsurfers using the lake but they tend to use the area of lake away from the "beach".

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71494.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1497192  
Old 09-08-2010, 08:48 AM
martno1fan

Glad you found somewhere m8,looks good.
Mart
Old 09-08-2010, 10:11 AM
samuelmerry

Yeah, plenty of space, and parking not 20 meters from the water.