Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

shipping help please

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

shipping help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 01:29 PM
209lakerunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shipping help please

im trying too buy a 46"scarab from florida to cali and the guy got a quote from ups and he said it would cost him 165 that box/stuffing and insured so if someone nows how too ship for cheaper with everything. he's selling the boat for 325 and agreed too ship but if its too expenceive for him he might back out.the boat comes unbuilt with zenoah 230pum and comes with everything too build just needs my radio/receiver. asking for any and all input..thanks again
Old 09-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Default RE: shipping help please

Try USPostal Service. I've done it many times with 46" boats.
Last resort would be Greyhound but not sure about their tracking (if any) but heard they're dirt cheap.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Having UPS do the packing will likely double or triple the price to ship. They are just not economical (very thorough - but not economical). Have him pick up a box or two and some furniture pads from Uhaul. Wrap the boat in pads with extra at the nose and hardware. Add some tape and secure it in the box.

I have had good luck with USPS when it comes to taking care of a box. Fedex is my second choice. UPS are pretty rough.

46" should be easy to ship - it is when they get bigger that you start having troubles .
Old 09-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Angel727
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Doubledog

Try USPostal Service. I've done it many times with 46'' boats.
Last resort would be Greyhound but not sure about their tracking (if any) but heard they're dirt cheap.
He lives in Colombia, South America. I don't think Greyhound go that far. LOL.

Cheers
AL.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Angel727

Cheers
AL.
Where are you seeing that now??
im trying too buy a 46"scarab from florida to cali
Old 09-04-2010, 09:39 PM
avconslt
My Feedback: (22)

Sounds to me like he is trying to get the boat from Florida to California! I just received a boat shipped by Greyhound bus and it arrived in great shape and shipping cost are cheap! It took only 5 days to get from MA to Texas and all you have to do is call them and give them the shipping number and they will tell you where it is at!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:43 PM
209lakerunner

Cheers
AL.
not in south america in florida and i live in stockton cali..but i heard that u can send as a gift too and it will be cheaper..just dont know mesurements yet so cant get qoute..he's also offering me a zen 260 for $200 he dunked his boat and now cant get it started if its not too expensive too fix i will pickit up..is that a good price cause i know brand new they run 270 to 290 stock and it come with pipe
Old 09-04-2010, 09:46 PM
209lakerunner

ORIGINAL: avconslt

Sounds to me like he is trying to get the boat from Florida to California! I just received a boat shipped by Greyhound bus and it arrived in great shape and shipping cost are cheap! It took only 5 days to get from MA to Texas and all you have to do is call them and give them the shipping number and they will tell you where it is at!
how did you go about getting shipping qoutes and packing is there a web sight i can look up..
Old 09-04-2010, 10:27 PM
apache 1

Sounds like a great deal on a nice boat. Why don't you give me his info, I'll straighten this out for you. LOL
Old 09-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Dan S

ORIGINAL: 209lakerunner

Cheers
AL.
not in south america in florida and i live in stockton cali..but i heard that u can send as a gift too and it will be cheaper..just dont know mesurements yet so cant get qoute..he's also offering me a zen 260 for $200 he dunked his boat and now cant get it started if its not too expensive too fix i will pickit up..is that a good price cause i know brand new they run 270 to 290 stock and it come with pipe
is he a member of this site?

Dan.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

ORIGINAL: 209lakerunner
he's also offering me a zen 260 for $200 he dunked his boat and now cant get it started if its not too expensive too fix i will pickit up..is that a good price cause i know brand new they run 270 to 290 stock and it come with pipe
Good question. You say it comes complete with pipe? Fixing them isn't that difficult but if its been dunked, check for cracked cylinder or bent rod depending on how honest he is about how quick he got off the trigger.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Anything over 104" is considered Oversize from UPS. The measurement is taken around the box then the length of it. The UPS Store's will kill you on packaging the boat up then stab you further for shipping. Having the seller pack it himself then taking it directly to a UPS office is cheaper.
I bought my Falcon 41 from a guy in Florida and he used DHL which did a very good job of shipping it. The kid that delivered it was curious as to what was in the box. I said, "wanna see?" so we both tore the box apart, bubble wrap and packing peanuts flying all over my front yard!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
jamskramer

Dan S,

Yes, i am a member of the site, I just noticed this thread from the person who was going to buy the boat i have. i have the thread 'gas to electric' running right now.

At ups it was $32 for the box and packing and $68 in actual shipping. I had the engine in a separate package that would have been another $15. So i have the engine secured in the boat now so it will be the box for the boat and the shipping =32+68 is $100. I didn't list the boat here because i thought i would sell it locally. The listing is on craigs list in tampa bay florida, Hillsborro county under the toys and games category. I noticed two chacks in the top deck on the back of the boat that were patched underneith so i thought i would post them here.

Mark, if you still want the boat, it was $325 and i will split the shipping with you so it would be $375 total (325+50). I can paypal you an invoice for payment. I am not interested in shipping it greyhound. I think i am going to keep the other engine as the guys here are helping me with it so hopefully i can get it going in the 55 miami vice boat.

If Mark is not interested, maybe someone else wants it? Just let me know.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94039.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1497528   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48556.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1497529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46536.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.7 KB