Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Electrics to Glow Conversions
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 J-3 Cub Power 46 ARF+ Conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

Hanger 9 J-3 Cub Power 46 ARF+ Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 10:45 PM
kellyho67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 J-3 Cub Power 46 ARF+ Conversion

I have this plane [link]http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HAN4350#quickMM[/link] and I wanted to see if I could convert it to put on something like a saito 72 or saito 82. I'm not an electric guy and I'm either going to sell it or convert it just wasnt' sure if I could convert it and if it would hold up to a four stroke.

Anyone have any ideas? I got this new for a good price so would love to convert it but just have no idea if that is going to be a reality.

Thanks
Old 09-01-2010, 04:55 AM
gluemaster

Default RE: Hanger 9 J-3 Cub Power 46 ARF+ Conversion

I have the same plane only mine started out as glow and was the Plug and Play version they used to offer. It came with an Evolution 46NT. That engine gave me nothing but problems and was replace under warrant with a 46NX. It ran great but I only flew it once before I removed the engine and replaced it with a Saito 72. I can't say how it flies yet as I had a couple of other project going that I wanted to finish but I do know it should have more than enough power. I have the older version of this plane with a Saito 56 and it flies beautiful and has plenty of power. The airframe should hold up fine. I think it was originally designed for glow so there should be no issues. You might try calling Horizon Hobby and talk to tech support. The may be able to give you the answer you are looking for. They were extremely helpful for me.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:26 PM
HellcatAce
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Hanger 9 J-3 Cub Power 46 ARF+ Conversion

If you ever think you may put floats on it, go with the .72. It would surely fly on a .56 but not much extra power on hand.