DLE-55

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DLE-55

ORIGINAL: haisanjafri

is it necessary to mount the engine on test bench for break in? cant we do it on the model?

regsrds,

sunny.
Either way is fine. I mounted mine on my test stand because my plane had not arrived yet and I wanted to get my DLE 55 running and tweak the needles.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:16 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

New engines vibrate more than well broken in engines. I don't like shaking up my plane/servos so bad.

I make my first runs on a stand and when I get happy with the engine, I mount the engine in the plane and fly. I do not set around and run the engine on the plane on the ground.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:44 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 377 Likes on 304 Posts

It's better to break them in on the plane, they get better cooling in my (and many others) opinion.

I run it a few times without the cowl to make sure there's no surprises and the needles are close. Then the cowl goes on and we go flying.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:45 AM
haisanjafri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Dear Zippi, W8YE, BarracudaHockey,

Guys thanks so much for the response I was hoping for. In fact this is my first gas engine although I am doing nitro from last 19 yrs. I think I should make a wooden stand to break in the engine properly. Please tell me;

</p></span></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">What should be the break in fuel composition?

</p></span></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">How many liters we need to break in?

</p></span></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">And what fuel composition to be used after the engine is broke in?

</p></span></p>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Please let me know the reliability and performance of this engine! Is it better than the DL-50? And how much we need to finger with the mixtures valves from the factory settings?

Regards,

Sunny.</span></p>
Old 05-31-2010, 12:51 AM
haisanjafri

Is the 550cc fuel tank enough for DLE-55? I will be using it on 87" Yak-54...
Old 05-31-2010, 09:41 AM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to get 10 minute flights with that with a little fuel left over. I prefer to go with a 650 to 750.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:59 AM
haisanjafri

Thanks, I think 10min is a Decent duration for an aerobatic bird. Please also tell me that I intend to use single lipo 7.2 / 2300mamph battery with regulator on this 87" birdy. Fellows suggesting to use 2 batteries, one as a backup. What you say?? And I found that iginition coil cap is not that tight on the plug as it should be, is it normal or something wrong with it?Plus What should be the break in fuel composition?How many liters we need to break in?And what fuel composition to be used after the engine is broke in?Please let me know the reliability and performance of this engine! Is it better than the DL-50? And how much we need to finger with the mixtures valves from the factory settings?Regards,Sunny