Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Another Avonds F-16 Q?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Another Avonds F-16 Q?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 07:54 PM
WarbirdAirRacer
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Another Avonds F-16 Q?

well, I have to use this ID till the Mods can get the program to delete my Strega name. since this is my real user name.....

anyways I'm going to go ahead and order the TGA F-16, it seems to be more of what im looking for.....with that said, I did email Philip and he doesnt have what i'm looking for. [] he did say that he could do some changes but it I think it would be more trouble in the long run least thats how I took it anyway. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] I could be wrong.....if anyone wants me to post our email I can do that? [sm=confused.gif]
Old 11-30-2003, 03:38 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

What is the pricing on the TG F-16??

V..
Old 11-30-2003, 03:43 PM
KevinM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting the excellent photos Thomas.

What's changing on the vertical of the new Block 60?
Old 11-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

F-16C - 1/6 scale all composite kit (Masters series) $3,995.00
F-16C fully functional scale gear set, (Masters series) $3499.00
F-16C sport gear set with scale wheels and brakes. $1950.00
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33989.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	78664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57126.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	78665  
Old 11-30-2003, 04:34 PM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

Good god yallll''!!I had no idea any companie's scale gear could be that expensive.What are the struts made outta 14kt gold?I always thought that the whole kit with gear was complete @ the 3995.00 price!!Altho I must say TGA has some beautiful flying jets-I have had the Eagle III & the Mig29.Had a blast with both of them.

On a different note Terry since you are watching this thread,on the Pro F15 what is different about the kit over the EagleIII, other than the dynamax vs. bryon of course.I am just curious why the huge jump in price of the 2

thanks Steve
Old 12-01-2003, 02:23 AM
WarbirdAirRacer

ORIGINAL: Terry Holston

F-16C - 1/6 scale all composite kit (Masters series) $3,995.00
F-16C fully functional scale gear set, (Masters series) $3499.00
F-16C sport gear set with scale wheels and brakes. $1950.00
'

I got 2 words fer ya F_____Yall! thats ^&((&(*&%%(( redickuless! 3500 just for gear ? I dont think SO! I'll go ahead and do whatever it takes to get my dealings done with Philip!... I know this isnt a cheap hobbie but 8k for a kit minus engine is F'in crazy and I dont think so.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:56 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

<<<I have not seen the TG F-16 at any jet rallys and there can`t be too many out there. I believe its slightly bigger than the AD or PA 16`s. Price is bigger too. >>>

I wrote that earlier in the this thread, you were not paying attention it seems. My PA F-16 was around $2300 del for everything (sport gear). It looks and flys fantastic and you can by three for the price of one TG F-16.
V..
Old 12-01-2003, 08:00 PM
WarbirdAirRacer

ORIGINAL: Vincent

<<<I have not seen the TG F-16 at any jet rallys and there can`t be too many out there. I believe its slightly bigger than the AD or PA 16`s. Price is bigger too. >>>

I wrote that earlier in the this thread, you were not paying attention it seems. My PA F-16 was around $2300 del for everything (sport gear). It looks and flys fantastic and you can by three for the price of one TG F-16.
V..

I seen what you said.....I just didnt plan on it being an $8,000 kit [X(] but before I place my order I'm also going to look at the AD F-16...and see what kinda deal they offer aswell
Old 12-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: TwistedFalcon

ORIGINAL: Vincent

V..

I seen what you said.....I just didnt plan on it being an $8,000 kit [X(] but before I place my order I'm also going to look at the AD F-16...and see what kinda deal they offer aswell

Another case of compairing apples and oranges, guys. The TGA F-16 is ALL composite construction, honeycomb or carbon fiber on the fuse, with all the formers factory installed. ALL Flying surfaces are preprimed MOLDED parts with molded in panel lines and ALL details + separate MOLDED ailerons, stabs and rudder with the approprate details molded on. All the others you are compairing it to have wood sheeted foam wings, no ailerons, etc.

Also both sets of gear I listed above, includes the Scale wheels and brakes.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:30 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

I love seeing people refer to sheeted wings as if it is some painstaking task to accomplish. The phillip avonds is a great piece of engineering, and it flies super. This hobby just gets out of hand when you think about the money some people are willing to put into the sky. At the price of the tg f-16 it would give most people an ulcer every time they fly it, I dont care how good of a pilot you are! If i had 1 million dollars in the bank i would still build the avonds for the simple fact that, building is fun, and actually gauges how you are as a modeller, not just a flyer. Nobody started in this hobby with a full composite wing, they started with a kit or an arf and built it. Doesnt top gun ever wonder why there arent many of their f-16s in the skies around america? The price is rediculous, i dont care how much work is done for you. A company that markets the best trainers around, i think is making a marketing mistake, by selling such an outlandish kit. I am not trying to start any piss wars here, because i dont even have enough for the PA F-16 Kit!!!!! ;-) Nick Oh yeah, for being a "masters kit" That exhaust nozzle is pretty ugly. I work on f-16s all day long and i can tell you that is NOT scale. PA's and yellow's is.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:51 PM
WarbirdAirRacer

ORIGINAL: Terry Holston

Another case of compairing apples and oranges, guys. The TGA F-16 is ALL composite construction, honeycomb or carbon fiber on the fuse, with all the formers factory installed. ALL Flying surfaces are preprimed MOLDED parts with molded in panel lines and ALL details + separate MOLDED ailerons, stabs and rudder with the approprate details molded on. All the others you are compairing it to have wood sheeted foam wings, no ailerons, etc.

Also both sets of gear I listed above, includes the Scale wheels and brakes.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with pantherflyr on this, Im one of the few people that still love the joys of building something and learning how something works! Yes I'm sure the TGA kit is awesome but I will NOT pay 8k for a kit! And its pretty sad because I was one of the very first people to own a TGA Mig 29 back in the day! And like pantherflyr said by the time you get that TGA F-16 flyable it will be a good 15k + airplane that you can only fly every now and then. I'm sorry I fly the hell out of my airplanes.....I dont drive X amount of miles to do taxie tests or run ups on the runways. to me that is pointless BS! and guess what I'm trying to say is I'll glady spend 2k on a Mig 29 or F16 and have fun with it and fly it when and how I want to. Maybe I'm not ready a F-16 yet maybe I should go back to Mig 29s [8D] I'm not tryin to piss you or anyone else off, I'm just stating my facts about myself and how I am.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:46 AM
Henry Chua
My Feedback: (5)

Gentlemen, though not really on the main topic, you may want to see the following website that offers a scale retract system for the F16. I'm sure many of you have seen this but for those who have not (like me), it looks very good and the price is not as high as TGA.

http://home.earthlink.net/~matrixmt/

Think it will fit the PA and AD version.

Happy landings
Henry
Singapore
Old 12-02-2003, 11:22 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Avonds video

Have a link to a PA video but cant get it to work, will try again and update this post. Will let you see what $2300 from PA gives you. Sean Reitmeyer in Austin has a great video. RCU wont let my place a link but you can find it by using Sean's last name followed by dot com/planes.Click on tomperry.wmv
Old 12-02-2003, 11:41 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Avonds video

Hi Tom, i was going to help you out on that one, but you figured it out. RCU won't let my last name .com go.

So, the site for his video is

www.reitmeyer(dot)com/planes Hope ya'll can figure that out. If not, I've also placed it at :

www.takota.com/tomperry.wmv
Old 12-02-2003, 12:08 PM
tp777fo

Hey Sean, great video, funny how RCU wouldnt use your last name - You some sort or crook or something?? --Naw - they just figured out that you were part of the Austin gang. You guys have a great time at Hearne this weekend, I've got to work. Thought everyone would like to see your great video and would help answer the questions they have on this jet.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:15 PM
seanreit

Tom, you can't enough compliments on the F-16. And I'll never stop giving them. The jet speaks volumes when you take off with vertical performance that you just don't see enough of in scale projects. To answer your question, "I am not a crook". [>:] It's just that RCU and I disagreed on something, and the iron fist came down. Could have been worse [], I guess.

Havn't decided yet on Hearne. I guess if it's warm enough.............. I'm such a lush........

If you ever run in Bryce Watson, he's an airbus guy for you guys, stationed out of JFK, La Guardia, and Kennedy. He's got some funny video on his laptop you need to check out. He's one of our fellow jet guys. He's got an F-5 to die for!! (picture attached)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78958.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	79098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62258.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	79099  
Old 12-02-2003, 02:49 PM
tp777fo

Just kidding about being a "crook". Anyone associated with the Austin gang (myself included) is suspect.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:00 PM
seanreit

ORIGINAL: tp777fo

Anyone associated with the Austin gang (myself included) is suspect.
Wouldn't want it any other way!!
Old 12-02-2003, 04:44 PM
WarbirdAirRacer

Sean, I would like to know how that jet fits in or on that Z06 Also, very nice video....hows the landings on it? it looked like it can come in almost like a trainner? by that I mean it looks like it glides pretty well?...........however my mind isnt 100% made up yet, between the PA F-16, AD F-16 or the Jetmart Mig 29....I'm waiting on a couple phone calls back from some peeps[]
Old 12-02-2003, 04:46 PM
WarbirdAirRacer

BTW. whats a "good" deal on Jetcat P120s?
Old 12-02-2003, 05:08 PM
seanreit

I've seen a good used deal on P-120's for around $2800.00 that's what I paid for mine with 1 run on it. I've seen new as low as $3195.

In this hobby, I consider a good deal on Turbines as an Engine that Runs every time you go to start the damn thing and you never have to worry as to whether or not the damn thing is gonna leave you in a pickle. I don't care what manufacturer. I've seen rams that run like crap, and I've seen rams that run like Ferrari's. I don't have any answers as to what makes one better than another.

But Jetcat sure seems to have their stuff together. The starting sound on them gets me going! The F-16 isn't mine, it's Tom's. The F-105 goes in a van. I drove the Z06. What happened when I drove the Z06 is highley classified video footage. Catch Bryce at the next Jet meet, give him the secret code ("show me the video dick head" [tell him I said that..[8D]) and you may get to see it
Old 12-02-2003, 05:59 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sean,

Regarding driving the Z06 and the funny incident---Did this end up with any brown stains????[sm=lol.gif]

Very nice video!!! Where was the video shot?

Kevin
Old 12-02-2003, 06:18 PM
seanreit

That was at greater sw jet rally. I believe Tom won best jet or something. He flew the piss out of it. This was the first time I ever got to hang out with him. We'll never be the same.................

All Bryce had to say about his vette in my hands was everytime we'd be next to each other in traffic, he'd see the video camera pop up in my hands and loud engine sounds coming from the vette....................... FIJR was one of the best times I've ever had............... Even though my Isobar went defunct on the first flight there due to a premature tail pipe collapsing in the air. I basically drank all weekend and watched everyone else run around getting stuff ready to fly. PURE ENJOYMENT.............And then I spent a couple of days in Ft. lauderdale with bryce and johnny, and some time with the brits over at Francis' house. What a trip!
Old 12-02-2003, 06:26 PM
WarbirdAirRacer

I agree Sean, turbines are like cars anyone can make a good or bad car.....I just prefure the blue oval ones ......anyways, Jetmart called me back and they offer a pretty good deal on the Mig, however I'm still waiting to hear back from AD.....[sm=confused.gif]