Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Tomcat release in january...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Tomcat release in january...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 11:34 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tomcat release in january...

ORIGINAL: Jetflyer 24
Weight, I will not disclose that sorry guys you might want to ask the factory direct.
I think thats enough of an answer.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:38 PM
whiteside
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets not jump to any conclusions. I just proved that a normally overweight jet could be built to weigh in under legal max weight and fly on less power requiring less fuel which requires less thrust which makes it lighter etc.........................................BIG A10
Will
Old 10-25-2004, 12:26 AM
sideshow

I hope so. The twin P-70's work great in the A-10....let's hope that holds true with the Tomcat.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:29 AM
whiteside

I think there is a good chance of it.
Will
Old 10-25-2004, 06:18 AM
tomcatman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wonder....will YELLOW AIRCRAFT ever release their "redesigned" Tomcat? It's only been on the verge of release for the past 2 years!!!
Old 10-25-2004, 11:22 PM
rcjetfan

So basically you guys are say that the AMA is going to pitch a fit over this kit for the weight? The one kit i wanted for christmas and its going to be too heavy to fly at an AMA field. Oh well guess there are still non AMA fields out their if not i'll dig up my back yard for a runway. $6,500 isnt really a bad price.. I originally heard more along the lines of 8 grand. As for Yellows Tomcat, everytime I call them, they cant tell me anything other than it might be released next year but ive been hearing that for 3 years so far. SO PETER HURRY UP AND GET THAT TOMCAT READY!!!!Oh i mean to ask if any of you know if photos of the kits contents will be taken? Hey Kenny.. got that beer ready for ya.. just waiting on a date..

Shelton
Old 10-25-2004, 11:27 PM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

We are 550 miles away but that isn't that far in my Cherokee, keep it cold I will be there someday!
Old 10-26-2004, 01:44 AM
whiteside

Kenny, nice chat tonight. Next project will be interesting. 55 lbs dry sure makes sense.
Will
Old 10-26-2004, 02:04 AM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

Yeah nice talking!

55... hhmmmm
Old 10-26-2004, 01:18 PM
rcjetfan

ORIGINAL: KFalcon

We are 550 miles away but that isn't that far in my Cherokee, keep it cold I will be there someday!
Deal..doors always open to ya..any special brand you preferr?
Old 10-28-2004, 08:12 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcjetfan

So basically you guys are say that the AMA is going to pitch a fit over this kit for the weight? The one kit i wanted for christmas and its going to be too heavy to fly at an AMA field. Oh well guess there are still non AMA fields out their if not i'll dig up my back yard for a runway. $6,500 isnt really a bad price.. I originally heard more along the lines of 8 grand. As for Yellows Tomcat, everytime I call them, they cant tell me anything other than it might be released next year but ive been hearing that for 3 years so far. SO PETER HURRY UP AND GET THAT TOMCAT READY!!!!Oh i mean to ask if any of you know if photos of the kits contents will be taken? Hey Kenny.. got that beer ready for ya.. just waiting on a date..

Shelton

I talked to Peter, he is not sure where this price came from, there is no price set yet and if I had to guess it will be more than $6500, and delivery in Jan/Feb is a pretty soft date. This is only if everything goes perfecty, anyone who knows Peter will understand what I am saying.

As for the weight thing:

Manfred Eberhard's prototype weighed 20 kilos wet (44 pounds), so Peter is confident he can make 25 kilos (55 pounds, also the limit in Germany).

Peter says that all the customer will have to do is install the radio, cockpit and then paint it.

This is a whole new deal, the most awesome plane ever.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:32 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

Like I said on my previous post,

$6500.00 + + + by the time you do the exchange with the Euro, its a matter of reading before posting or taking cheap shots . I can back this up as I'm currently flying three of his Models.

Regards................ Johnny Hernandez
Old 10-29-2004, 02:03 PM
rcjetfan

Matt,

thanks for the info..

Jetflyer24,
if you are referring to my post. At no point in time was a cheap shot taken nor disputing the fact of the price. I said "6500 isnt really a bad price. I originally heard more along the lines of 8 grand" Now how is that taking a cheap shot?? Im doing the samething you are relaying the information that is/was given to me at the time. Ive even emailed peter myself and have gotten several price quotes from him on this very kit. If it is a price starting at 6500 with exchange rates thats great, no disputes there or even if its 10 grand who knows but i think you mistook what i was saying in my post.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:35 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned

Matt,

thanks for the info..

Jetflyer24,
if you are referring to my post. At no point in time was a cheap shot taken nor disputing the fact of the price. I said "6500 isnt really a bad price. I originally heard more along the lines of 8 grand" Now how is that taking a cheap shot?? Im doing the samething you are relaying the information that is/was given to me at the time. Ive even emailed peter myself and have gotten several price quotes from him on this very kit. If it is a price starting at 6500 with exchange rates thats great, no disputes there or even if its 10 grand who knows but i think you mistook what i was saying in my post.
Sorry buddy wasnt reffering to your post.

Thank you ............... Johnny Hernandez
Old 10-29-2004, 03:39 PM
rcjetfan

ORIGINAL: Jetflyer 24

Matt,

thanks for the info..

Jetflyer24,
Sorry buddy wasnt reffering to your post.

Thank you ............... Johnny Hernandez
no problem.Johnny..its all cool
Old 10-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Falcon 64

As I see it, you`re either in or out....
Do not expect it to be a park flyer, it is a very expensive state of the art model...

Regards

Gudmund
Old 10-29-2004, 11:04 PM
rcjetfan

ORIGINAL: Gudmund Malones

As I see it, you`re either in or out....
Do not expect it to be a park flyer, it is a very expensive state of the art model...

Regards

Gudmund
Amen to that.. Believe me im ready for a Tomcat Kit.. So ready infact that my wife told me if i buy one she will divorce me.. I told her ..hmmm looks like im getting a tomcat...so here comes the couch for yet another night of rest..
Old 10-29-2004, 11:11 PM
rcjetfan

Hey Matt... so this kit is going to be ready to rock and roll..within a few hours "20 or so" or what.. Should I start looking for my engines now or wait.. I hope that they put up some pictures of what exactely comes with the kit..be a great help..
Old 10-30-2004, 01:10 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Shelton,

Sorry I do not have any more info, I only "calls em like I sees em" and so far I have only the same pictures that everyone else has.

I was only quoting what Peter told me, that he will make the weight limit and you will only need to install RC, cockpit and paint.

I will try to get some more info on the level of prefabrication. With a plane this complex I would think the equipment install alone will take a few weeks.

A full size F-14 pilot is interested in one as well and he believes it will fly very nicely at this size.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Falcon 64

Hey Matt... so this kit is going to be ready to rock and roll..within a few hours "20 or so" or what..
Yes, whats what Peter told me.
You need a radio, some paint ( not some, but a lot ... ), and a runway...
High expectations here, so I don`t think Peter is letting someone down now either.
The Liebetrau factory is in my oppinion the upper layer in our world of modelling now.
I also guess Mr Johnny will copy that, he is referring to three of Peters models.
Remember, he is a German, and this itselves is a promising factor.
Money spent, money lost. Not in this case..[>:]

Gudmund
Old 10-30-2004, 08:18 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned

[8D] Copy that my friend.

Johnny Hernandez
Old 10-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Falcon 64

I thought so, yes..

Regards Johnny

Gudmund
Old 10-31-2004, 11:31 PM
rcjetfan

all i can say is im getting excited ..almost to the point of jumping out of my skin.. Please guys keep us informed

Shelton
Old 11-03-2004, 07:29 AM
sideshow

I was just fantasizing about this kit and came on this site......very nice resource.

http://www.anft.net/f-14/index.htm