Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Baby Boomerang Build Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Baby Boomerang Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 08:59 PM
trumpetjet
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby Boomerang Build Thread

Here are some of my first steps. If anyone else building the Baby B wants to post here feel free...

All in all the first page went well. I only had to re glue a couple of formers. I am always paranoid when building a built up kit because too many times things haven't turned out strait. I don't think this kit will be a problem. As one pic will show F7 does not line up with the plans exactly, if you do glue it where the plans say the wing root doublers will not fit. Also you will find it impossible to glue F2 in while the whole thing is pinned to the plans because F2 is taller than the other formers. I guess I could have pinned it with the nose off the table. Eveything is square so far, or at least as square as I can make it. Any deviations will have to be trimmed out in flight I guess...

I plan on using a Robart fixed oleo for the nose gear (the one meant for the TF Cessna Skylane), so now I have to wait for that part to come. I guess I am done until then.

While building this model I remind myself something my Dad taught me: CA is for now, Epoxy is for ever!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68681.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	187051   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29633.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	187052   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36685.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	187053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98403.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	187054  
Old 10-26-2004, 09:10 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Baby Boomerang Build Thread

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/my_b...2287938/tm.htm
Old 11-02-2004, 11:12 PM
trumpetjet
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone else have trouble with the hatch? Mine turned out a little warped, not too bad just not perfect. I suppose the hatch clasps will hold everything down. Any ideas?

I am thinking of doing simple monocote covering on mine to reduce complexity, has anyone else done this no their jets? I am just wondering about the jet blast melting the monocote!

Nathan
Old 11-03-2004, 08:06 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

my hatch also came out a litttle warped. a full 180 degree bend on that balsa is the cause. i took my hatch soaked it very wet and rubberband the hatch to the fuse. be sure to apply the rubberbands to the former locations so you dont end up with a really warped hatch. i repeated this twice and the twist is virtually gone. good luck, barry