Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Easy Vee Trials

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Easy Vee Trials

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 08:12 AM
blizard05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Easy Vee Trials

ORIGINAL: stackeddeck

Hey guys sorry I opened up a new post but the other one was 8 pages. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9055619/tm.htm
Today I filled up the tank and tried to start the engine.. I got it started once but the muffler vibrated off and the engine sucked up a ton of air or something because it wouldn't slow down and kept getting faster. I cut it off and haven't gotten it running yet. It really wants to crank up but just won't... the tygon tubing I have is a little to big for the zenoah nipples. I got some other temporary line that works fine.. I was starting it and realized the vent line came off the engine.. Turns out the black nipple for the vent line on the carb broke.. Flex cable still hasn't come in... New verdict: I'll give everything radio and all 700 bucks. Fuel pump included. lol no joke.
The black fitting on top of the carb IS NOT A VENT, I can send you a replacement part,send me your addy.Larry
Old 10-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Dartman1074

I have to say, This is the best site/hobby. Everyone on this forum will go out of their way to help someone and even send out parts to help for free. I have read this many times on here. Keep up the good work everyone you guys are great.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:13 AM
stackeddeck

Thanks guys. I am emailing Bonzi and Zenoah for the part. I had it hooked up to a film canister like someone told me but the guys at Hobbytown USA told me to connect the vent line ton my fuel tank to that black thing on the engine. I don't know what is right.. the guys at Hobbytown don't  know much about boats (at my local hobbytown) I think they are into cars and planes. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:38 AM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

hobbytown's never know much about anything

that line is a return to the fuel tank, the vent line is different, that is the one you want to go to the film canister
Old 10-18-2009, 11:16 AM
stackeddeck

There are two nipples on the carb. one on the bottom that is the fuel from tank one on the top and then there is one thing with a piece of yellow tubing stuck on it that was there from the factory.. I don't know..
Old 10-18-2009, 12:22 PM
blizard05

There are two nipples on the carb. one on the bottom that is the fuel from tank one on the top and then there is one thing with a piece of yellow tubing stuck on it that was there from the factory.. I don't know..
The one with yellow tubing is the choke. Tank has 3 outlets, 1 fuel to carb,2 fuel return top of carb to tank,3 tank vent
Old 10-18-2009, 01:23 PM
stackeddeck

Thanks! do you turn the choke?
Old 10-18-2009, 01:53 PM
blizard05

Thanks! do you turn the choke?
Pump the primer bulb until fuel goes througe the return line, turn choke to close it pull starter slowley 1-2 times open choke and pull starter. You can choke with your finger,(place finger over carb opening) pull until finger gets wet,remove finger and pull to start.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:19 PM
straitnickel

man, i'v sold on eba before, your going to get chump change for that boat. maybe you should pull it off of there before somebody bids on it. then you'll be bound by the agreement to sell it for what it brings. best of luck to you what ever you do
Old 10-18-2009, 09:37 PM
stackeddeck

Thanks nickel but the minimum bid is 675 which is not chump change.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:20 PM
MKMotorsport

Number one.. tons of people start with RTR boats..
Number two I understand my boat and have set up 99.9 percent of it... A piece broke off the engine that will have to be replaced which will take a while... I was just going to kill 2 birds with one stone and go ahead and get the hull I really want...
Lastly.. The bloody boat isn't going to sell... Its on Ebay for 675... no one is going to buy it anyway. If they do its a way I can get my money back out of the boat...if I run it alot I won't be able to sell it for nearly as much. After this boat its not like I have to money to just blow 1000 bucks for a new boat.. Its a way to have had more than one boat..
Bottom line is: ITS NOT GOING TO SELL I PROMISE!!! ITS ONLY UP FOR 10 DAYS if I do get a chance to take the money I should do it because I don't have 10 thousand dollars to spend in rc boats, as much as I wish i do. Don't worry guys there is an extremely slim chance anyone will bid on it at that price.. I set it high for a reason

So its OK to intentionally mislead people for your amusement just to see if it sells?? Your $3 rattle can paint job is worth $100, huh? A 2CH AM radio for $300? ROFL... So you can't fix a few very minor and simple problems on your current build but you are going to buy someone else's unfamilar build/boat and make that run/keep it running?? RIIIIIIGHT...... At the very least correct your ebay ad to reflect the problems with the build.... What goes around comes around.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:43 PM
stackeddeck

Thank you MK for restating what has been told to me five times. The paint job is dupli color automobile paint... not 3 dollars... 15 a can
15 times 2 primer
15 times 1 clear coat
15 times 4-5 coats of red

and I messed up which used about 3-4 cans of paint that I did not add into the 100 dollars... 100 dollar paint job is not that much
so please im getting criticized enough at least criticize me when you are right

I can't fix a few problems on my boat... what can't i fix.. do you even know the problems??
I am fixing everything on the boat before I sell it so the ad is correct... the only problems is there is no flex cable but it is in the mail and the engine piece is being ordered as well...
the "unfamiliar boat" I will be buying has the same engine... I will soon show you guys I can keep my own boat running and I will be able to keep a new boat running as well. As for "making the boat run" like I have stated about 15 times on the thread.. the seller is testing it and getting it so that it is in running condition before he sells it to me! Please, I mad everyone mad and corrected what I did. Stop bringing things up youdon't know what you are talking about
Old 10-18-2009, 11:46 PM
stackeddeck

once again you bend my words.. a 300 dollar radio is not what i said...i said 300 dollars for all hardware and radio gear.. come one man don't try to pick at me
Old 10-18-2009, 11:57 PM
MKMotorsport

Good luck with getting a boat running... it IS a great hobby. As for constructive advice- seek out a club (NAMBA or IMPBA sanctioned) or other experienced individuals nearby to help you- will make the experience ALOT more fun.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:54 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys - once more a reminder that posting links to items for sale on RCU is not permitted. That is where this thread has snowballed from. Then it went on to whether members will continue to advise. And observations of whats been done. And then picking apart the listing. Classified ads and threads discussing them do not belong on this site - for this very reason.

I have locked this thread down - From start to finish it has not complied with the rules of the forum and I dont see it getting better.