Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Want to see DA100 next to BME110X?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 07:40 AM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Want to see DA100 next to BME110X?

Kris,
Sorry - that was my derrogatory comment about the "3 legged washing machine". I don't want to start an argument like that and probably should have refrained, I didn't mean it like that. All I was getting as was last year when I bought my DA-100 I was seriously considering the 110. However, at that time it was brand new and only one or two guys had one. I hooked up with one guy on here who had nothing but bad luck with his and that was how HE described it to me - but that's probably largely because it was a new release at that time.
I'm sure after the 110 is time tested tough it will be a sure deal. For now I'm happy with my DA and thats good enough for me
RickP
Old 04-09-2004, 07:46 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: krayzc-RCU

anyone know about how close that new bme 55 is?
Kiris seems to be the guy with the inside connection to BME (based on other threads), so I would go with his earlier comment;

ORIGINAL: Kris^

Perhaps Keith could slide you a brand new 55 Xtreme next April 1st BackAfter30

Actually, it would be nice to know if they will ever be produced, if anyone has actual information...
Old 04-09-2004, 08:07 AM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arguing is pointless. Only factsmake any difference whatsoever. As far as physics of heat transfer are concerned, most theories are exactly that and very often do not survice empirical evidence do to to many other factors.

Here are the lines needing to be crossed to impress me.

1. RPM on the same propellor. Go larger until they lug. I'd rather have torque than HP as bigger props swinging slower are more efficeint and quieter and that IS important.

2. Mid-range tractability and response.

3. Longevity. Assuming that the crankcase is nothing more than a bearing carrier and a place for the con-rod pin to spin around in circles, then the DA does look healthier here but that is still a guess.

Judging these factors from a photo or scale is pointless. Run them side by side, gallon for gallon, and then start your brand war. Anthing else is speculation at best.

As far as the weight factor, unless you are adding tail weight to achieve a balance, then the point is moot.

Mark
Old 04-09-2004, 08:12 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

here is some quess but shouldn't a 110 cc motor out perform a 100 cc anyway apple and hum?
Old 04-09-2004, 09:04 AM
P-51B

ORIGINAL: krayzc-RCU

here is some quess but shouldn't a 110 cc motor out perform a 100 cc anyway apple and hum?
But should it weigh almost 2 pounds less?
Old 04-09-2004, 10:40 AM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

Info on the 55X. I spoke to Keith earlier this week, and enquired about the 55x, since I'm getting a Double Vision WOOOO HOOOO. Keith said he was shooting for an October/November (and for you synics, yes, this year 2004) release.

No, I certainly did not start this thread as a brand bashing thread. I had both engines in my posession, and I find the difference in physical appearance overwhelming. I like both engines (brands) very much, and would have gone with the DA if I weren't able to get the 110X.

I have only needed service from DA, and it was first class. I have not had any more problems reaching Keith at BME, than I have had reaching any other owner of a small business.

DKjens
Old 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Hey DK we have a Giant Scale Fly In coming next month, you got to make it out, and bring the BME 110x
Old 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
P-51B

ORIGINAL: DKjens

Info on the 55X. I spoke to Keith earlier this week, and enquired about the 55x, since I'm getting a Double Vision WOOOO HOOOO. Keith said he was shooting for an October/November (and for you synics, yes, this year 2004) release.

No, I certainly did not start this thread as a brand bashing thread. I had both engines in my posession, and I find the difference in physical appearance overwhelming. I like both engines (brands) very much, and would have gone with the DA if I weren't able to get the 110X.

I have only needed service from DA, and it was first class. I have not had any more problems reaching Keith at BME, than I have had reaching any other owner of a small business.

DKjens
Thanks for the update on the 55. I got on the pre-order list, but by the time the engine actually comes out, it looks like it will be two years since ordering. Looks like I will be ordering a DA-50.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:00 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

Steve,
I know of a Giant Scale Funfly in Camarillo on May 1, I think. Is that the one you are talking about? I forgot just how far away from LA you are. I think I mapped to your field in Yahoo, and you are like just south/east of San Francisco, aren't you. Get back to work now he he.
DKjens
Old 04-10-2004, 03:12 PM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

The 55 xtreme should be out about 2 years from now, that is all I have heard on the site is I have talked to Keith and he said &$^%#%^&%%&%&$^%$%^$^%. I have done and seen that everyone just needs to wait and let time take care of everything,
Old 04-10-2004, 03:14 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

jongurley
so should i get on the list so that i can start asking when will that motor get here?[8D]
Old 04-10-2004, 03:17 PM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

hey gerald me and you will be retired and professional builders by then....