Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Wild Hare 28% Edge 540T

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 02:26 PM
jetfreak
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: <span class=

Hey Geistware

ya...at first i thought it was a lil excessive to....But i pulled the motor off and my mounts. Then i just laid the motor and the standoffs onthe firewall and it looked about the same.....they are pretty even......That is just how much thrust is built into the firewall.

Thanks
Sean
Old 12-25-2003, 12:33 AM
jetfreak

Default XMAS

Well xmas is over and this is what i have to show for it.......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79646.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	85048   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49102.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	85049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31189.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	85050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zs50873.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	85051  
Old 12-25-2003, 12:34 AM
jetfreak

Default RE: XMAS

last one

Name:	Eb86765.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	85052  
Old 12-25-2003, 08:08 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: XMAS

Well, I have the motor mounted, the servos installed and the horns mounted. After we have Christmas this morning, I will hinge the rudder and install the receiver and all the linkage for the tail section. I still have to sand on the wing tube. I found to my dismay, that one wing socket is smaller that the other, and chance had it that I took my wing with the bigger wing socket to work to sand it down to fit. From a balance check, it looks good. About 2 inches ahead of the wing tube without the receiver battery installed. The receiver battery will go on the rudder tray I also may have to fatten my pilot up so that he supplies a little aft weight!

A Saturday flight is still lookin good if I don't decide to fly my Patty with the new engine.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:50 PM
rthorne
My Feedback: (29)

Jetfreak:

How are the linkages on the DA-50, are they setup and ready to hook up control rods or is there some engineering to do?
The DA-100 was ready to go (other than the choke).

If you can take a picture of the carb showing the throttle and choke linkage, it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-25-2003, 04:05 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rthorne,

The DA50 will hook up fine. Needed no alterations for throttle or choke. I used Sullivan ball links on the existing throttle/choke arms. If you go to my TF P-51 ARF review in the User Product Review forum you can see a picture of it. I would post it, but I'm not at home.

One thing. Before you install the engine you need to remove the choke arm and dump out the spring and ball that provides an excessive amount of tension to the servo. I have't done it on my P-51 yet, the servo still works the choke fine. But one of these days when I demount the engine I will do it.
Old 12-27-2003, 04:08 PM
Abraxxas

Default DA-50 Install

Here are a couple of pics and some info on how I installed my DA-50...

The standoffs are 2.5" DA parts and my spacer blocks are 1" X 4.25" X 3/4" thick birch plywood (three 1/4" pieces laminated together with 30 minute epoxy). I clamped the spacers to the motor box then clamped the engine to them with mini slide-bar clamps going from the standoff mounting ear on the engine to inside the motor box, the small slide-bar clamps were small enough to allow me to install the cowl with them on to get the alignment correct. Just clamped them loose enough to allow me to tweak alignment with the cowl on, once correct I removed the cowl, tightened the clamps and traced the standoff end placement on to the blocks and the spacer block placement on to the firewall with a pen, then removed it all. Then I used a 1/4" flat washer centered in the traceout to mark the 1/4" hole in the center (good idea from a previous post) and drilled them on a drillpress, then place the blocks back on the firewall, set the engine on the blocks, lined up the trace lines on the standoffs and the spacer to firewall lines, clamped in place, lifted off the engine and drilled the firewall using the blocks as drill guides. After that I attached the engine with 1.5" long 1/4-20 stainless bolts and washers, all worked pretty nicely. The slit on the bottom of the cowl was required to get it on over the exhaust, I am going to make a small plywood joiner for the slit and use two small hex-head cap screws on either half to fasten the halves of the slit together once the cowl is installed.

Brian

Name:	Cz79778.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	85505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35348.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	85506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu50860.jpg
Views:	39