Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Bad Customer Service from RC Showcase

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Bad Customer Service from RC Showcase

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 12:02 PM
josephair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad Customer Service from RC Showcase

i didn't get my way so i'm gonna run to rcu and thrash on a company on an open forum...what a baby.

what do you expect, you order a very expensive motor, want it overnighted (red flag), use a bad credit card (red flag).......no wonder they ignored you
Old 04-16-2004, 12:16 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

The horse is dead, its been dead for a long time. President's day was nearly two months ago. This horse has been kicked every conceivable way and is not going to become any more deceased. In fact, it is decaying and is starting to stink....

How's about we move on to something else??

DP
Old 04-17-2004, 06:44 AM
wiggles

Just one more thing needs to be said

GROW UP Iceman
Old 04-17-2004, 07:44 PM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

Total waste of air space,

Right there should be an apology if there are rational people.

The customer is always right,,

" but acording to Dr Demming," not always. The business should work to meet or exced the needs
of the customer.

In this case the customer provide No payment for service due to error.

The supplier did ship the product, ( with good faith). another error in shipping and a offer to make it correct.
So what's the issue and waste of airtime.

vent somewhere else.

Have a nice day. Jim
Old 04-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

I don't have an opinion on the main topic of this post, but I am having a big problem with rcshowcase customer service too. I am having trouble with a zdz 80 and I can not get in touch with them. They won't return an email and they won't answer their phone... I don't care how busy they might be, if you are going to run a business you have to deal with your customers... that is the bottom line. Besides that, how can they take orders if they don't answer their phone?
Old 04-17-2004, 09:34 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called thursday and talked to them on the first try. Ordered another zdz 80
Old 04-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Bryant330L

I tried them 3 times on Thursday and I got no answer.... I don't know what it up with them.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:08 AM
Iceman1979
My Feedback: (17)

they didn't ship the order in good faith. they shipped the order after the CC cleared the second time.
just a little clerification.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

I read all of the posts, and like a good divorce, there is allways 3 stories, his, hers and the truth.

I being a vendor also, the reverse happened to me. A customer calls to order something, I tell him I don't take credit cards, but Paypal, money orders or checks. He very pissed at me and hangs up. It does happen to us also.

Roger
Old 04-18-2004, 06:19 PM
oakley
My Feedback: (71)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy reminds me of someone who eats 3/4 of their steak and then complains that's it's not cooked correctly. A bounced bankcard would result in a cancelled oreder from many companies. I suspect that the folks at RCS have better things to do than chase after one transaction that was screwed up by the customer, not RCS. Grow up and give them a break! They are very responsive to my needs and always have been, but then, I had the money in the bank!
Old 04-19-2004, 12:11 AM
Iceman1979

I ordered some standoffs from you and love them. Thanks.

Oh! everyone, This guy has Great! CS. Very friendly on the phone. Looking forward to doing business with him again.

Thanks
Iceman
Old 04-19-2004, 12:15 AM
TT2
My Feedback: (13)

Naa...on second thought, I better not.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Iceman1979

ORIGINAL: oakley

A bounced bankcard would result in a cancelled oreder from many companies.
WRONG! Most companies would do just as rcs did and ask for a correct CC # or call to verify the CC #. Most companies know that CC fail for no apparent reason and will contact you to let you know it didn't go through. They will work with you if you are having trouble (as did Desert Aircraft). As I stated in an earlier post I had CC problems when I placed an order with Desert Aircraft and they stayed and continued to accept my phone calls after there closing time to make sure I got the order. The money was there but my bank did as allot of CC companies will do and place your account on hold if they see suspicious activity. (ie.. spending large amounts of money when you don't normally spend that much). Most companies know that and are willing to work with you. They know that most people aren't going to place an order on a CC when they don't have the funds to cover that purchase.

Thanks
Iceman
Old 04-19-2004, 07:34 AM
Forgues Research

ORIGINAL: Iceman1979

I ordered some standoffs from you and love them. Thanks.

Oh! everyone, This guy has Great! CS. Very friendly on the phone. Looking forward to doing business with him again.

Thanks
Iceman
Thanks for the Kudo, but Iceman doesn't ring a bell

Roger
Old 04-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Iceman1979

It was John Seaton and I ordered 3/4" blue standoffs for my Midwest Cap 232. I ordered them with priority shipping.

thanks
John Seaton
Old 04-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Forgues Research

ORIGINAL: Iceman1979

It was John Seaton and I ordered 3/4" blue standoffs for my Midwest Cap 232. I ordered them with priority shipping.

thanks
John Seaton

Yes of course John,
Hope they worked out OK.

Thanks
Roger
Old 04-19-2004, 03:03 PM
foxx
My Feedback: (2)

I bought some stuff at Toledo show from RC showcase they got my card number etc., but the item was out of stock and the word was as soon as we got back to the office it will be shipped. I have not heard from them since and no answer to my emails. I think few days of paid training in customer service at Tower hobbies might do this company some good .
Old 04-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Iceman1979

Love them. Great! quality.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2004, 07:33 PM
wayneparrish
My Feedback: (16)

I have been trying to get my radial problems worked out with RCS and it seems in all honesty that they probably are overwhelmed by business and don't have the time to return phone calls. The only thing thats bad about that is that when a customer can't get in touch with a business ,he starts thinking,well now they got my money,so the heck with you. I really would find it ahrd to believe that that is the case,but it does make you wonder. yes i know they were at Toledo and they needed to be there,but when it takes 4 days to get a return e-mail,it makes you wonder.I have had two calls from Mike and have been hung up on twice ! I didn't get out of the way,I didn't have time . I just got another call from Mike this evening asking me if I was the one that bought stuff from them at Toledo and posted I guess bad stuff on the RCU site about them !! When I explained to him (MIKE) that i didn't even go to Toledo,haven't been in 10 years he hung up on me AGAIN ! I am so dumfounded by the sudden change of attitude with RCS that I am at a total loss. I have asked since last Friday evening (4-16-04) for David to call me ON THE PHONE ,because thats what MIKE told me I would have to do, and to this minute ,not a peep. There use to be a lady that answered the phones,but now no one answers them. Makes you wonder ? Guys ,and gals, i think there is more than meets the eye here and I for one am willing to say,hey guys (RCS) don't know why things are like they are but i am willing to let bygones be bygones and start a fresh slate . I once had a gentleman tell me 36 years ago when i started my business., to always remember that the business survives because the customers are loyal. They will only be loyal when they are treated as they should be treated. New businesses come and go, in this case I hope RCS has many more great years and they will if they just remember the customers are what makes the business.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:53 PM
foxx

Sorry Wayneparrish that my post might have made you subject of RCS wrath. It is amazing that they have time to look around the rcuniverse trying to find the bad guys but not have time to answer the customer emails or phone calls. It appears that Anderia is not working there anymore, too bad, she was always very helpful. RCS should realize that have a problem in the customer service department and should try to correct it, but not to become vindective. CUSTOMER IS THE KING. A good sign for Mike Dooley's office?.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:39 PM
wayneparrish

Well, sometimes when you get your back against the wall,you do things and say things that would not be normal I frankly wish them luck.I'm still hoping that David will see me as a paying customer instead of as a threat.If it was my business I would hate to think these rumors/facts were circulating around the r/c community. Like I said I hope things get better fast .
Old 04-19-2004, 10:44 PM
foxx

I don't understand why anybody back should be against the wall. We as the customers can always take our business somewhere else. RCS has very good products, but if they continue on this path I am sure someone else is going to carry the ball.It is the obligation of RCS to take care of their customers and it should not be mistaken as an act of generosity or kindness. If you are within warranty period demand service, and whether you are a nice person or not should not be a factor.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:34 AM
wayneparrish

JUST AN UPDATE . I finally got thru to Richard at RCS after about 6-8 tries this morning and had a very nice converstion with him about my radial.I explained that all I ever wanted to begin with was to get my engine fixed/replaced but we couldn't get that far before the rapore between Mike and I fell apart. I feel as though I still made the right decision by dealing with RCS in the first place ! I think I would like to believe it was onlya miscommuniction between Mike and I that was further flared by him hanging up on me. Would I turn around and buy another engine or product from them,YES I WOULD,BECAUSE I feel like they are trying to rectify things and I appreciate that in anyone. We have too many fliers in our area that have been helped by RCS for them to be BAD TO THE BONE. Am i sorry i wrote what I did on my first post,ABSOLUTELY NOT. I wasn't treated right and i had every right to speak the truth. BUT, THAT SAID, I STILL HAVE THE UTMOST CONFIDENCE THAT THEY WILL LEARN FROM THIS EVENT AND STILL BE THE GOOD PEOPLE THEY HAVE BEEN IN THE PAST. The saying "Treat everyone else as you would want to be treated yourself" stills hold true. Wayne Parrish
Old 05-03-2004, 04:14 PM
wayneparrish

Just an update on RC Showcase . I have a new radial that was shipped to me by overnight express and am back in business. What happened to begin with for me to have had to post what I did is still a mystery.I can only tell you that Richard and Mike Dooley have busted their buns to rectify the situation and to a customer ,thats what counts. I said to begin with that THE REASON that I dealt with RCS was due to their good history of customer service. I STILL FEEL THE SAME WAY !! Would I deal with them again ? YOU BET YOUR BIPPY I SURE WOULD !! This is behind us and I look forward to further business dealings with them. I think that we all need to stop and put ourselves in the other guys shoes sometimes,after all they are only humans and can make mistakes and dissapoint us once in a while. I think if you have a chance to deal with Mike and Richard ,you will certainly be taken care of. THANK YOU RCS AND MANY MORE HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS YEARS TO YOU !!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Bryant330L

I had an awfull time getting a hold of the RCS people, but once I finally did Mike took care of me. I am more than happy by the way they treated me. Thanks RC Showcase!