Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 08:51 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skymaster

I just noticed that probably the largest hobby shop chain in the UK Als Hobbies has stopped selling Skymaster Jets does anyone know why ??

I wonder what they will stock instead ?
Old 01-01-2007, 09:13 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster

This may answer some questions

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_49...tm.htm#5045760

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...tm.htm#5047241
Old 01-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I suppose it is best coming straight from the horse's mouth...
I got half way through writing a really long response to this question, but then deleted it. Short answer to your questions plumbs, is that. I was not happy with the way Skymaster conducted their business and did not want my company associated with their products any longer.
As for what we will do in its place...
I am trying to avoid falling into the cheap Chinese artf pit again. I am focusing more on working with the higher quality products available out there. I think the cheap artf jet market is on a route to self destruction, and only glad that I could get out with as little losses when I did.
Currently we carry stocks of various Tam jets, bvm, airworld, Skygate and jet welt kits and ARTFS. Not to mention a massive selection of jet related accessories and turbines.
I hope this answers your questions, and if I can be of any help do not hesitate to contact me
Regards ( and Happy new year) Al
Old 01-01-2007, 10:32 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ali:
Not to mention what they cost to produce,,, and then the mark up, to me it does not make sense,, you could sell 1000 kits with great quality or 100 kits with great quality. And I really lose it when it cost 1K for a set of landing gear. That is what put american steel workers out of work. OOps I better stop,,, Happy New Year

I got half way through writing a really long response to this question, but then deleted it. Short answer to your questions plumbs, is that. I was not happy with the way Skymaster conducted their business and did not want my company associated with their products any longer.
I am trying to avoid falling into the cheap Chinese artf pit again. I am focusing more on working with the higher quality products available out there. I think the cheap artf jet market is on a route to self destruction, and only glad that I could get out with as little losses when I did.
Currently we carry stocks of various Tam jets, bvm, airworld, Skygate and jet welt kits and ARTFS. Not to mention a massive selection of jet related accessories and turbines.
I hope this answers your questions, and if I can be of any help do not hesitate to contact me
[/quote]
Old 01-01-2007, 10:56 AM
J-PORTUGAL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello.

In fact this problems appear in all business and is life!

In Europe we have good quality manufactures of Rc Jets and if we compare with chinese produts... ours have better quality/cost!!

All congratulations for your work in rc jets!

JM
Old 01-01-2007, 11:20 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ali

I have to say I am honoured to have received a reply from (in my opinion) the best jet pilot I have ever seen fly............... I am only just getting into turbines and was getting all enthused so I went to Al's site to have a look what I might get in the future and there they were all gone !. I note the large list above Ali but are you going to feature these on your site or am I just lookin in the wrong place.

For my sins I am building my first Jet (I have 49 other models so I have indeed lost the plot !) which is the little AMD Hawk from Dave at A1 in Colchester. If any of you are interested I am doing a build thread over here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614461

If I have success I will I am sure be after more. What I rearly want is a Mig 15 ARTF for the wren 44 gold but can't find one any where.

Sorry I started another thread on a difficult subject but I had no idea and was just curious.

I would however agree that in what is quite a small community we should all help each other to advance what is an excellent hobby and being rather new I like ARTF's because I cant panit for toffee and my patience is a little short sometimes for building....... Mind you I am the twit that has built 49 ARTF's of various types in 3 years so any of you might be right to question my sanity.......... My wife certainly does............... Anyway off now to put the second retract in the Hawk........... Happy new year to you all and keep up that display flying Ali you are an inspiration.

Dennis

www.densplanes.co.uk