Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

aeromarine thunderbolt

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

aeromarine thunderbolt

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:38 AM
bronxrio51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aeromarine thunderbolt

i am planing on getting this hull but don't here to much about it. any one run these? are they good boats. what should i expect coming from a rio 51 to this. thanks guys !
Old 02-24-2009, 11:47 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: aeromarine thunderbolt

Hi i havent ran one but ive seen plenty of videos of them run,been a hydro you can expect a big difference in speed when compaired to what your used to.I moved from a zen powered vee to a fully modded zenoah powered roundnose hydro and it was a real eye opener when i ran it for the first time so ill say you can expect a lot of grinning from ear to ear when you run it for the first time not to mention the shaking knees or maybe thats just me .
Mart
heres a vid i found on utube
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHxs0bqUZ0k&feature=related[/link]
Old 02-24-2009, 12:01 PM
bronxrio51

mart thanks for the quick reply. i cant wait to set this thing up now. i might be going with a full mod toxic motor love those round nose hydro's that might be next for me! thanks again
Old 02-24-2009, 02:52 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a look on Jims theres probably more about that boat on there also check this out.Roundnoses are awesome mines a rockett from zippkits they handle the rough stuff which is a bonus ,mines pretty fast with a full mod from ss enterprises i just love it.It was the inspiration for my plug im making .
Mart
[link]http://www.modelgasboats.com/Magazine_Content/Product_Reviews/Aeromarine_Thunderbolt.html[/link]
Old 02-24-2009, 11:32 PM
MrMikeG

Make sure the seams are taped. CC Racing is selling them now too.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:17 PM
revoracing

i have the apache 56 with the 23cc zen and i was looking at the thunderbolt and have watched videos of it and have not heard anything bad about it. i want to get one of them for racing next season and mod it up over the winter. how much of a difference in performance and handling do you think this will be? and also how do you guys feel about the conquest because i was looking at that to but i think im leaning more towards the thunderbolt. please help me out!! thanks
Old 08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Jamming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought a thunderbolt also, Looks to be a very well buildt hull, as good as any i suppose. I have heard of people saying the engine rails are not secure enough, but it must be earlier models because mine looks as strong as any i have seen. The rails are secured to the hull with fiberglass cloth and the stringers are in several places, I could take some pics if you would like me to. Its a two piece hull with the upper deck overlapping the bottom slightly and there is some sorta grey looking epoxy holding them together. Looks darn strong if you ask me.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:36 PM
revoracing

yea i would love to see it if you do not mind. And also i have read that the hull is almost like a shoe box how the top over laps the bottom a little bit if i read it correctly. but once again i am looking to buy on for racing and it really looks like a solid boat