Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

my new 6' gasser

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

my new 6' gasser

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:24 PM
hydro16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new 6' gasser

i just picked up a gasser from a local trade, i dont know who the maker of the boat is but it does say eliminator on it. it has a homelight air cooled in it, thats going first i hope. if anyone could help me out with what this boat it that would be grate. or what i should buy for it to make it run better.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28588.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	1255709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi21787.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1255710  
Old 08-13-2009, 11:37 PM
hydro16

Default RE: my new 6' gasser

i notice the guy who put the hull together didnt glue the top deck to the hull right what is a good glue to use to use for that?
Old 08-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the new acquisition

I have only seen a few boats out there in that configuration - very distinctive for its very long taper to the bow. I am not sure the manufacturer. If I were you I would try to run her as she sits with the same motor and drive setup just to see what you have and how she runs. For that hull the homelite may not be a bad option. While a zenoah will make more power and certainly be lighter - it may not be necessary if the boat does not repond to the added performance - plus you wont know what you have gained with the zen if you dont have a "before" speed to compare it to.

How about a few more pics of the motor setup, radio setup, and drive hardware setup just so we can see how she is configured and perhaps make a few recommendations of things that may need attention before you run her.

There are several options available for bonding hull and deck together. I cannot think of some of the more exotic products off the top of my head ( I know one of the adheasives they use to bond the fiberglass pannels onto the Corvette is hard to beat but not necessarly the easiest to acquire or afford. For the most part you should be able to use some polyester resin brushed into the gap between the two and then some cloth over the area from the inside to reinforce the spot.

Some hulls use silicon - the stuff used for fish tank aquariums which is very hard to break free when cured.

How big is the area that is loose??

Old 08-14-2009, 01:37 AM
dicko

The hull looks similar to a PHM hull. But I'm not sure if they made one 6' long. Mike G might know.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:56 PM
hydro16

i think im just going to split the two parts and rebond it. if i didnt split it i would have to repair one hole side.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: hydro16

i think im just going to split the two parts and rebond it. if i didnt split it i would have to repair one hole side.
Might be a little more tricky than you think. The sides will often bow out when free of the deck. If you do - do yourself a favor and use plenty of tape to hold the halves in place as you go.