Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I need a solid axle

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 06:55 PM
AlienModified
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a solid axle

I need a solid/straight axle and diff that will handle 40-50 mph, possibly more, for a project I'm working on. It needs to be at least 1/12 scale, but I would prefer 1/10 or 1/8. I was considering the Wheely King axle, but because the truck isn't that fast, I can't see it being that strong. What I would like, is aluminum, and a 4-link setup for both sides, plus a place to mount shocks on the rear.

I hope you guys can help, thanks.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:10 PM
genitor

Default RE: I need a solid axle

Check these out:
http://store.rc4wd.com/Scale-Crawler-Axle_c_12.html
Old 10-04-2010, 07:44 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I second that, RC4WD makes some beefy stuff.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:46 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: genitor

Check these out:
those are nice, but wicked pricey! i have also considered a wheelyking axle for a project i would like to do.(front engine, rear drive with no tranny) but even those cost a fair amount.

i had a wheely king that i modded to a crawler once. i had a 55t motor, geared low, diffs locked. i did eventually snap something in the axle, but that only happened when both front wheels were stuck and COULD NOT MOVED, yet i gave it full power. now, that motor put alot of torque on the axle before it broke. so, i would be willing to bet they could handle some serious speed. i know there are some vids on youtube of wheely kings with brushless motors on them(for speed, not crawling)
Old 10-04-2010, 07:51 PM
HJJFFFAA

Didn't some guy take a Wheely King to like 90?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:56 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I built a 1/10 scale Straight axle desert truck last year using the AX10 axle. Not sure how fast it was going but it handled the VXL motor on 3S without a complaint. I'm guessing it was well into the 50 mph range.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:03 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kyosho just released the mad force in an electric version, it "may" be able to hit those speeds.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:28 PM
AlienModified

Thanks guys, some good info here.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:33 PM
AlienModified

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

kyosho just released the mad force in an electric version, it ''may'' be able to hit those speeds.
The kyosho site says it's not for sale, and there's no links for the manual or parts lists, just icons where the links should be. (nevermind, found it elsewhere)

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: genitor

Check these out:
those are nice, but wicked pricey! i have also considered a wheelyking axle for a project i would like to do.(front engine, rear drive with no tranny) but even those cost a fair amount.

i had a wheely king that i modded to a crawler once. i had a 55t motor, geared low, diffs locked. i did eventually snap something in the axle, but that only happened when both front wheels were stuck and COULD NOT MOVED, yet i gave it full power. now, that motor put alot of torque on the axle before it broke. so, i would be willing to bet they could handle some serious speed. i know there are some vids on youtube of wheely kings with brushless motors on them(for speed, not crawling)
Good stuff there, might be what I need. Thanks