Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

What, No More Tool Kits?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

What, No More Tool Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 08:55 AM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What, No More Tool Kits?

Just sold a new Magnum 91 4C in EBay and the buyer put on the rudest preformance (make that tantrum) I have seen in 15 years on the site because he did not get a tool kit. I double checked and Magnum did not send a kit with this engine. Also saw a listing for an OS 4 stroke that said they are no longer including tool kits.

Personally I am not to busted up here since I always used decent tools and an automotive feeler gauge to set my valves instead of that junk they provided.

Is this the wave of the future? Anybody know?

Tom
Old 10-23-2010, 10:23 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What, No More Tool Kits?

Tell him to order one of these

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...SM&C=PAZ&V=OSM

Bruce
Old 10-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Charlie P.

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Unless you mentioned it in your ad.  Oh well.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:09 AM
carrellh

Is what the wave of the future?
Tantrums, or no tool kits? In either case, I think the answer is yes.

My brother and I have a good number of four stroke engines: 10 Magnum and 6 OS. All were bought new, within the past 8 years, and NONE came with tools.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:33 AM
noveldoc

Some people have always had buyers remorse. There was a time you could not accept the return and tell them they were being unreasonable but they did contract when they bidded. And post feedback which said, "Whiny little schmuck who tried to weasel out of the deal."

This time Ebay forwarded his complaint, or rant as the case may be, and their system did not even let me post a response. Not that they would have read it.

Am I missing something or is an engine that has never been run over even fueled and comes with the original factory box a new engine? I mean sorry I lost the manual but I did print you off all 8 pages from the site and send it.

Anyhow, when it comes in, I am going to list here and RC groups. I have done several transactions from these groups and have never had anything but decent merchandise and polite people.

Tom
Old 10-24-2010, 11:50 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

As long as your ad didn't state there was a tool kit included then the buyer has no legal expectation of receiving one. Even if you were selling it "New In the Box" (NIB) you would be required to provide the tools only if the engine originally came with the tools. As you indicate that is not case, so there should be no expectation from the buyer that tools would be included with the engine.

Ken
Old 10-24-2010, 12:30 PM
noveldoc

Thanks and I agree.

But if I have to submit my ads to my business attorney first, I'm off the 'Bay.

Tom
Old 10-26-2010, 05:56 PM
eagledancer

i have come across a few people there that nothing makes them happy, if you gave them the item with free shipping they would give neg feedback. sold a framed up ziroli corsair, boxed it up nice in 2 boxes and shipped at half what it cost me to ship and still got neg feedback, not on quality of the plane but he didnt feel i had enough packing material in the boxes,, but there was NO damage. i checked his feedback that he gives others and found that everything he bought he gave neg feedback on!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:17 PM
noveldoc

With the new feedback rules, some jerks are going to play the system.

Tom