Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Best day to take an R/C to a skatepark?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Best day to take an R/C to a skatepark?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Ryan0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best day to take an R/C to a skatepark?

As I'm sure you have guessed by the title, i need to know what the quietest day at a skatepark is, during an academic year... I'm sure you know why I want to know this... I imagine that your average monday would be quiet, as all the kids etc will be in school or work. Are there any holidays that the skate parks are empty, but open? Thanks...
Old 10-30-2010, 10:49 PM
13BT

Default RE: Best day to take an R/C to a skatepark?

I dont know about quiet days but early mornings seem to work for me. I guess early monday mornings would be perfect.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:36 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Any time kids are not in school. My local skateparks are filled with people from about 2pm on. Usually dont find anyone there before unless its an adult and if your cool Im sure they will be cool. (weekends are always a crowd)
Old 10-31-2010, 06:03 AM
TIGER76

usually mid mornings good or like said early morning if the parks big enough theres usually enough room for all saying that have tagged a few fruitbooters with the baja lol the sensible ones sit and watch when i take the nitro or gasser out
Old 10-31-2010, 08:20 AM
RobbieP
Banned

ORIGINAL: TIGER76

usually mid mornings good or like said early morning if the parks big enough theres usually enough room for all saying that have tagged a few fruitbooters with the baja lol <u>the sensible ones sit and watch when i take the nitro or gasser out</u>
The "sensible ones"?
The sensible ones leave the skateparks to the skaters, and take their RCs to a RCtrack or an RC appropriate area.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Ryan0

Aren't trucks all about going places other things can't? And as far as an R/C track goes, there ain't one within 200 miles of me thats out the window :-D
Old 10-31-2010, 09:00 AM
RobbieP
Banned

ORIGINAL: Ryan0

Aren't trucks all about going places other things can't? And as far as an R/C track goes, there ain't one within 200 miles of me thats out the window :-D
No, going places other things can't would be finding a steep ditchor someplace elsethat a kid on a skateboard couldn't go.
But that's not the point anyway.
I appreciate the fact that you're wanting to find a time to go and use the facility when skaters aren't there, I just don't think it right for people to show up with their RCs (that are not skateboards) at a skatepark (that are for skateboards, not RCs) and expecting the skaters to stop and watch (as the earlier poster suggested).
Old 10-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Ryan0

Yeah that is fair enough, but i want to go there when its empty, so i don't annoy any one...
Old 11-02-2010, 05:13 AM
lez1troubles

Try middle in the night. Thats what we do here. Great fun but concrete sk8 parks are hard and destroy buggies and cars rather quickly.
As for trying out a RC model in a sk8 park whilst SK8ers are there, dont bother, you'll just end up in a fight.
Ever been beaten up by a SK8 board???
Old 11-02-2010, 05:49 AM
TIGER76

ORIGINAL: RobbieP

usually mid mornings good or like said early morning if the parks big enough theres usually enough room for all saying that have tagged a few fruitbooters with the baja lol <u>the sensible ones sit and watch when i take the nitro or gasser out</u>
The ''sensible ones''?
The sensible ones leave the skateparks to the skaters, and take their RCs to a RC track or an RC appropriate area. [img][/img]

Not everyone has access to alocal trackthough next you will being saying they shouldnt be used on the road or fields lol [:-]
Id love a local track within driving distance but have to make do with whats about.

And the OP wanted to know the best times to avoid people at the park so not to annoy anyone

Old 11-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Ryan0

I though it would be hard on her, bu i will be jumping out of the park, onto grass!

Back to the track opoint, i didn't buy my savage for racing or tracks anyway, i think trucks are boring on tracks... i wanna go jumping, hillclimbing, fun etc!
Old 11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

LOL! Robbie let me assure you. No one at the skatepark cares. Especially when your one of the hoodlums. Someone doesnt like it they can go to another part of the skatepark. Usually when I bust out my rc cars @ the skatepark people want to see me jump them and go crazy and try the 11 ft wall ride. I dont complain when a kid with a ripstick rolls in a gets in everyones way or a parent brings there 3 yo who is ridding the ramps on there plastic tricycles.

+ you wont find a better place to bash

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hG2nIUegA[/youtube]
Old 11-02-2010, 11:48 AM
RobbieP
Banned

ORIGINAL: RobbieP

The ''sensible ones''?
The sensible ones leave the skateparks to the skaters, and take their RCs to a RCtrack or an RC appropriate area. [img][/img]

Not everyone has access to alocal trackthough next you will being saying they shouldnt be used on the road or fields lol [:-]
Id love a local track within driving distance but have to make do with whats about.

And the OP wanted to know the best times to avoid people at the park so not to annoy anyone

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

LOL! Robbie let me assure you. No one at the skatepark cares. Especially when your one of the hoodlums. Someone doesnt like it they can go to another part of the skatepark. Usually when I bust out my rc cars @ the skatepark people want to see me jump them and go crazy and try the 11 ft wall ride. I dont complain when a kid with a ripstick rolls in a gets in everyones way or a parent brings there 3 yo who is ridding the ramps on there plastic tricycles.

+ you wont find a better place to bash
Would you guys give it a rest?
The OPand myself already sorted it all out, days ago. You're now just dragging up an old/dead thread - apparently - just for the sake of arguing.

Trust me, I was ripping skateparks before you kids were even a dream in your daddy's minds.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Apparently your in a forum. Where people discuss stuff
Old 11-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Ryan0

Haaaahaha lads chill, its all a bit of fun! Leave debating to twisted politicians!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:34 PM
TIGER76

loving that video tim and the tunes

thats what the skatepark is for lol

Over here in the UK half the parks gets used the other half get destroyed and vandalised by the kids who ask for one cos there bored and got nothing better to do than vandalise property lol [] I understand the importantance of skateparks i skated back in the day with a hosi hammerhead board,gullwing trucks,slimeball wheels santa cruz etc then got into bmx for a few years and helped setup our local skate n ride.

So as for getting whacked by a skateboard lmao im 34 now dont think thats gonna be happening anytime soon
Like tim says once you pull that pullstart most of them sit down to watch or ask questions anyway,once had a dogwalker try picking up my 1/5 to take it away and burnt his arm on the hot exhaust put it down pretty quick !
Old 11-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Ryan0

Hahaha yeah i've found a nice sk8park now and its usually quite, so once the savage comes, and i have broken her in i will hit it up... as far as getting beat up by a sk8er here goes, all there is is some 14yr olds who act like the oldschool ahrdcore skaters, all dweebs. If they don't fit into that group, then they are usually ur average sound guy!