Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

DX6 I losses settings

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 06:22 PM
mazjag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX6 I losses settings

Guys, I went to fly 2 of my planes today and somehow on both planes the elevator and aileron servo were reversed in my transmitter.. On the 3rd it was fine..Its like the thing changed settings by itself....I was told by another guy that he has seen one do that before and to check for that...any insight on that....thx...jason
Old 11-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: DX6 I losses settings

Jason, sorry for the belated reply. The DX6 was notorious for a couple of items. Most of them were due to not rebinding the system after making a change to programming.

I had a DX6 that just loved to eat retract servos. If I forgot and made a change in the programming, and didn't rebind, when powered up it would "hunt" between the old and new settings before it locked in. Often on the retract servo, this would cause the retracts to operate on the ground. Bird would collapse as the gear retracted, then there would be a horrid grinding as the retracts tried to lift the bird back up, followed by a poof and a burnt out servo.

ANY TIME you change a setting in a DX6 I would recommend you rebind your system.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 AM
pilotpete2

Good advice normally, but if the ailerons and elevators were reversed on two models, then something is wrong with the transmitter, and it should be checked out by HH to be safe.
Also, I think the OP has a DX6i.
Pete
Old 11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
mazjag

thanks,, I emailed Spektrum and they said to send it in...at this point I`m gonna just keep an eye on it and see what happens as it has only done it once.. If I have to send it in I`ll just buy another rather than wait weeks.. Jason