Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Aluminum Supplier in UAE / Dubai?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Aluminum Supplier in UAE / Dubai?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 12:20 PM
GlennisAircraft
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum Supplier in UAE / Dubai?

Any of you guys in this part of the world have a source for a modeler looking for aluminum for some modeling projects? I have a guy that wants to make some parts, but doesn't know where to source material.

Any help would be great.

thanks

Dennis
Old 11-26-2010, 02:12 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aluminum Supplier in UAE / Dubai?

Dennis, I buy drops off of e-bay right cheap. I find some also from Mcmaster-Car.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:38 PM
GlennisAircraft

Good idea, I hadn't thought of that. McMaster won't sell overseas except to established customers (they told me this morning). By the time someone buys it here and ships it, it will cost so much there is no point, so I wanted to find him a closer supplier.

thanks

Dennis
Old 11-26-2010, 03:02 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a hassle trying to find a drop or two of 6061 or higher with-out buying a 20 foot length but it's out there. Good luck.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:47 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Golden Marine trading. Al Jaddaf free zone. They have a fairly huge selection of standard aluminium.

I get all my hi-spec aluminium from Mac Master Carr.

By the way Dennis, would you be able to make a pair of main F-18F wheels for the 1/7 th scale FEJ F-18F ?
Old 11-27-2010, 09:54 AM
GlennisAircraft

It's a hassle trying to find a drop or two of 6061 or higher with-out buying a 20 foot length but it's out there. Good luck.
The problem is I have a shop full, but the shipping half way around the world is 4x what the aluminum costs. I was just trying to track down a source closer to him

By the way Dennis, would you be able to make a pair of main F-18F wheels for the 1/7 th scale FEJ F-18F
I would need to know the sizes of them - you are looking for the newer style F-18 wheel.

thanks for Golden Marine.

Dennis
Old 11-27-2010, 12:03 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I would need to know the sizes of them - you are looking for the newer style F-18 wheel.

thanks for Golden Marine.

Dennis
You're welcome Dennis.

I am actually looking for a full scale 1/7th size F/18F wheel.
My problem is that I do not have a scale documentation about the plane right now and I do not know the size of the real plane main wheels.
I was wondering if you had access to such data and could make up something close enough.
I could supply a spare wheel hub ( since the strut imprint is very specific ).

Cheers.
Oli.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

If you are look for some small bits... I have a bunch of cut-offs at my shop. Depending what he needs, I may have it. The aluminum it self is cheap... but a small box may cost $40 just to ship it.

PM me if you are interested. (I can take Paypal)
Old 11-27-2010, 02:38 PM
GlennisAircraft

If you are look for some small bits... I have a bunch of cut-offs at my shop.
Thanks, but the aluminum is not the problem - I have bins full of drop (scrap), but I was trying to help him out by finding a more local source. I've been helping him learn machine work, and now he is on his first project, but buying aluminum from the U.S. is not an economical solution when it comes to the shipping.

I am actually looking for a full scale 1/7th size F/18F wheel.
My problem is that I do not have a scale documentation about the plane right now and I do not know the size of the real plane main wheels.
I was wondering if you had access to such data and could make up something close enough.
I could supply a spare wheel hub ( since the strut imprint is very specific )
Yeah, the 'F' uses a different wheel face but I don't know the actual (full scale) sizes. Many models won't use a 'scale' diameter/width, so that is a problem that we are aware of, thus don't depend on a full size dimension. I shot the documentation 4 or 5 years ago, so that I have. Fitting the gear is no problem, as we are a custom manufacturer, we will make whatever it takes to fit. We usually scale the wheel to the size that will fit the model, even if the size isn't truly 'scale'. Spare wheel or brake is a help though

Dennis