Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Lower End Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:50 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower End Radio?

What yall think of this radio???http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-2-4GHZ-Transm...#ht_3001wt_988. i watch a review and I'm thinking about getting one in a few months, look really good for the price!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:36 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Lower End Radio?

Get it from hobbypartz.com $19.70 SHIPPED currently(in the USA), way cheaper than ordering from Australia
Also comes in 3 colors
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt2-blue.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-gt2-24ghz-radio-black.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-g2-24ghz-radio.html

I have one and its a pretty good radio IMO
Blows all the AM RTR radios away that I've had.

Its the only radio I have that will work with a Castle MM

I also own 2 of their multi model memory radios(the GT3, and GT3b), and like them alot.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:46 AM
thehuntingterminator

yeah, i plan on getting one after Xmas because with my new brushless bandit with kind of a street setup, its runs out of range pretty fast with the stock AM radio
Old 12-15-2010, 06:36 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

one thing you shouldn't worry about with that radio is range
I use it on my BL 1/8th truggy that sucker can clear a city block(about 1/8th of a mile in chicago) and still is in range. After that I can't tell what way is forward or backwards and turn it around, but it could still go farther
Old 12-15-2010, 07:02 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have 2 of those radios, with 3 recievers for each of them.
they are the same 2.4ghz radios that redcat uses with their models.
they are simple, glitch free and you wont have any range issues.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:25 AM
rc18junky

i have one to and i like it a lot and will second the fact it is better then any am rtr radio i ever had . i have seen a few post on this radio of people bashing it for being so cheap and they said it was junk but the funny thing its no one bashing it has one and giving there opinion just by the pic and price. they have a new one out and as soon as hobby partz get them i will order it right now it is 59.00 from china i thinking it will be cheaper at hobbypartz when it comes in
Old 12-15-2010, 08:37 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: rc18junky

i have one to and i like it a lot and will second the fact it is better then any am rtr radio i ever had . i have seen a few post on this radio of people bashing it for being so cheap and they said it was junk but the funny thing its no one bashing it has one and giving there opinion just by the pic and price. they have a new one out and as soon as hobby partz get them i will order it right now it is 59.00 from china i thinking it will be cheaper at hobbypartz when it comes in
You know I got that one I find the original GT3 better in all truth.
The older GT3 has a few more settings you can change that were removed from the 3b, and longer names were allowed. I like the physical layout of the 3b way more though [sm=71_71.gif] the naming convention is my biggest gripe 3 letters and a number on that giant LCD... vs the originals 8 letters or numbers
Can't complain about its performance though thats great.

And yea I love the argument against them (from people who don't own one) which basically boils down to they are junk cause they don't cost over $100 like futabas...