Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Peak Models Feed Back

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Peak Models Feed Back

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 06:56 PM
skysfallin
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peak Models Feed Back

I would like any feed back good or bad about Peak models. I just ordered a plane from them and was curious about their service and products. Iwas a little apprehensive about placing an order to Austailia. I would appreciate any comments.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:21 PM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Peak Models Feed Back

It's a little late now aint it?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:53 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

A guy in one of my local clubs has one and I have seen it fly many times. He had some problems with the engine that came with the combo (carb issue that was finally fixed), but the airframe seemed solid. The usual attention that you would give most any ARF, such as sealing down covering, beefing up the gear mounting area, glue joints, upgrade hardware where appropriate, etc. needs to be given, but it makes for a nice airplane from what I saw.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:16 AM
skysfallin

Yea I know its like closing the barn door after the horse is out and I should have asked here first like I normally do. I got caught up in the moment. I'm not worried about the engine, I can take care of any of that. It worries me more of the plane arriving damaged and trying to get any service on replacement parts. I searched here and found one horror story but also found some good cases of customer service. I normally buy from Cheif or Troybilt where I can pick up the phone and talk to someone. If its great I will let everyone here know. Time will tell.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:46 AM
playntraffic

Plane arrived in perfect condition. Good construction and nice CF parts. Covering was not the best quality. Flew the plane for two years and then sold it to fellow club member. Would buy from them again.

Did not need to contact customer service so I don't know about that part.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:48 AM
jdan

I bought their 70" Extra last year.It came in a super heavy corrigated box.I think you can stand on it.Everything was in perfect condition.I love the plane.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:58 PM
saintcreed
My Feedback: (205)

I owned their 80" 50cc Katana (yellow version) and loved the plane all the way up to the time the wing tube broke...came in at 13#'s 4 ounces...had a Crrc 40cc on the front....plenty of engine. If I had another chance to buy one I would...Fellow club member has the same plane only in the white version with a DL 50cc on the front and it's way toooo much engine for the plane, but it still flys great..We both did the usual on any ARF...pin & tri stock the motor box area, reinvorce the landing gear area and tri stock on the front & back side of the formers in the wing saddle area..We both also didn't use the hardware that came with them....to our standards it wasn't quite up to snuff for a 50cc size plane..
Old 12-25-2010, 06:48 PM
PSJDBF

I Have there Sukhoi SU26m & took the front end off when I ran outa gas on final's, I was able to buy a replacement canopy & cowl for it, they were in stock & arrived very quickly after placing the order.
I found them great to deal with, they answered all my e-mails etc.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:40 PM
skysfallin

I checked my account with them. I placed the order on 12/21/10 and it says its "in processing", not sure what that means, I guess it takes a week to process. I wonder when it will say shipped.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:36 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: skysfallin

I checked my account with them. I placed the order on 12/21/10 and it says its ''in processing'', not sure what that means, I guess it takes a week to process. I wonder when it will say shipped.
I ordered a plane from SDSHobbies the same day. Pretty sure Peak is drop shipping from there. They were kind enough to inform me that the postal service wasn't accepting large packages until after the 1st due to the crush of mail at this time. I asked about options and was told any available would be better than twice what I paid for the plane.... so I'm waiting too.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:22 PM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I ordered a 25% Yak 54 and DLE 30 combo for a Christmas present. I placed the order December 5th and of course the money was immediately deducted from my PayPal account.
As of today (12/28/2010) they are unable to tell me where my package is.
Once it left Chinese customs via EMS on 12/12, there have been no further tracking notices and the company has responded to my emails saying that due to the holiday shipping crush, they cannot give me a location or ETA of my order...

I could have purchased essentially the same thing from Chief or another domestic supplier for upwards of $100 more, but I would have received it within a week.

IF the plane and engine ever arrive and the quality EXCEEDS my expectations, I may turn around, but right now PEAK does not impress me[>:]
Old 12-29-2010, 04:07 AM
PSJDBF

wouldn,t you expect delays in shipping etc at this time of the year ?.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:17 AM
skysfallin

Yes the holiday package rush slows down everything, however good customer service is letting the customer know where his stuff is during the whole transaction, hence tracking numbers or answering emails. I sent an email to Peak advising them of the color plane I wanted and asked for confirmation and have yet to hear back. I can only say this forum or any of the others can be brutal to vendors when they don't deliver what they say. The internet has made the world a very small place and when bad news get around the world in the blink of an eye, if I were a vendor I sure wouldn't want it.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:32 AM
RichardGee

Yes, I would expect delays, but 4 weeks??? Please.
And then when i ask for the whereabouts of my order, they seem to have no idea which hemisphere it is in and can provide no ETA.

My intent is not to throw Peak under the bus... yet. I agree that these forums can be brutal and unfair to vendors as bad news travels so fast. However, it would seem responsible to let other modelers know exactly what I am experiencing from Peak. I understand my experience may be, and probably is, an anomoly. For Peak's sake, it better be.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 PM
kieran mcevoy

Hi,
I bought the 30cc sbach recently from peak, it took about 3 weeks to get to Ireland, it was packed very well indeed and cover and hardwear was excellent indeed, I would have no complaints about this item or about Peak.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:14 PM
skysfallin

I did recieve an email from Peak to let me know the plane color I ordered is not in stock, but they did offer an attractive alternative, so I replied and asked for a confirmation. Non so far but its only been five days, it must take a while for email to travel all the way from New Zealand.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:56 PM
RichardGee

Well, it sounds as though my experience has been unusual, to say the least.
It is now January 2nd; I have filed a dispute with PayPal for having received no merchandise, no delivery updates since 12/12 and now no communications from Peak since 12/27. As of January 5, it will be 31 days since I placed my order.

IF I had any clue, I NEVER would have placed an order from a company that takes this long to deliver a product while having such poor tracking and communications.

Even if the products finally show up and are outstanding, based on this experience, I would never order from Peak again.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:08 AM
skysfallin

Here's an update. I recieved an email from Peak stating they have been trying to email me for eight days and finally go through. Ok maybe a wrong digit or letter misplaced. They stated the plane I ordered was out of stock and sent me pictures of two alternatves. The one I picked I liked better than the original but that choice wasn't there when I placed my order. I also wanted to up grade my engine choice, since they hadn't shipped anything, to the DLE30. I asked for an invoice on the difference in the engine cost so I could Pay Pal the difference. Four more days go by and no answer. I sent another email yesterday reexplaining the whole order and recieved a return email today stating " Dear Sir, thanks god you give us an email ok we will send you a yellow and red one with DLE30 COMBO IN2 days best regards, WAY". That was word for word. Kind of an odd responce but at least I got one. Now we will see how long two days turns into. As of right now I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy with Peak.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:28 PM
RichardGee

I finally received a response from Peak today... they say my order will "arrive soon."
Whoop di do. La di friggin da.

"Arrive soon" is a far cry from actual shipping info with a delivery ETA.

I am feeling like a real idiot for ignoring my gut feelings about sending my money directly to China, and this experience is confirming what I already feared.

While we may not be able to avoid Chinese made ARFs, at least we should consider American retailers. It may cost a bit more, but the alternative is what I am going through...
Old 01-05-2011, 03:42 AM
skysfallin

I thought Peak Models was based in New Zealand, but the email I got back was a typically worded Chinese message with some nonsensical wording. I'm, agreeing with Richard this is straight to China. I think more and more this will be a learning experience for me. I had the same apprehensions about sending my payment out of this country. We will see.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:52 PM
RichardGee

OK, so I bellow when things are wrong, but I also believe in being just as vocally vociferous when things are right –

My 25% PEAK Yak 54 and DLE30 showed up today. Turns out the major, major delay in delivery was due to U.S. Customs. So, I owe Peak somewhat of an apology while also extending kudos to U.S. Customs for not simply rubber stamping everything that arrives in a Chinese shipping container!

My legitimate beef remains: PEAK’s communications were poor throughout. This cannot be the first time a shipment has been delayed through U.S. Customs. Their tracking information should have let me know this was occurring or was highly possible.

That said, I have examined the contents of my purchase and while I do not have time to look at every piece from zero inches, I want to say that everything is there and all appears complete and of high quality. The DLE30 is almost a piece of jewelry, it is so finely finished. IF it runs half as good as it looks, it will be a winner.

PEAK was true to their word in that every Christmas “extra†was in the box, including the 19x8 Hawk propeller, which is also a work or art – I kid you not.

The only thing that worries me now is how badly the Chinese are kicking our lazy behinds…. But that is for another blog.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:10 PM
skysfallin

Richard, Im glad to see you got your plane in many unbroken pieces. I recieved my MXS-2 yesterday from of all places the US Postal Service. It came in eight days. That tells me it never went on any container ship. I arrived home to see a large box on my side porch. The box it came in was 3/4 in corrogated cardboard and very unconventionally packaged. It looks like they took everything out of an original box and just taped every piece in no particular order into this box. Had to be 250 feet of tape, it looked like a spider wrapped it up. Nothing was damaged but it sure looked strange. The DLE motor was opened and all the foam contents were taken out. The motor was then wrapped in bubble wrap and the box was filled with all the hardware from the plane. Wheels, gas tank, linkages, throttle servo tray, (see pic). I placed my order on Dec. 21 so it took 25 days for a direct ship from China with free shipping. I surely can't complain about that. I do wish their communication was better. I don't think I would order from them again. This has been a lesson to me and I will only order from a US based company where I can pick up th phone and talk to some one. Doesn't mean I'll get any service but I can talk to them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31638.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1547741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37422.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1547742  
Old 01-14-2011, 06:30 PM
RichardGee

Mine came packed in a large, heavy, corrogated cardboard box AND was delivered by the U.S. Post Office - just like yours.

It is very possible the hap-hazard packing was the result of U.S. Customs rifling through the contents... I don't know.

BUT, it does appear that the vast majority of the delay in receiving my shipment was in fact due to U.S. Customs delays.

This never occured to me when I ordered and would most likely deter me from ever ordering again from an overseas company.

In the future, I will order from a domestic shipper - YES, I will pay a bit more, but I will at least have the peace of mind of knowing the product will take a week - NOT A MONTH - to arrive and that I will have a service resource by phone should I need it.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:37 PM
BOLTMAN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered a 50cc MXS-R from Peak late last year. It shipped to Australia in pretty good time but upon arrival I found it had a broken canopy. I am certain that this did not happen during shipping as it was really well packed. I reckon that it was damaged by handling during the packing process.

4 months of emails later I finally got a replacement but it was just sitting loose in a very strong box and had been broken during shipping. I am sure my labrador could have done a better job of packing it. Also it did not fit my fuselage. I gave up & repaired the original one but I am far from happy that the cracks are quite visable.

On with the assembly and found both tail & wing tubes are a very loose fit in the outer tubes. Not loose enough to be able to shim, but too loose to leave as was. I built up the thickness of the tubes with several coats of 2 pack paint.

Anti-rotation pins on both the wing & tail were also loose fits and the wing ones were also of dubious strength in my opinion.

The engine box has triangle stock on the lower corners were you can see them through the hatch in the top of the box, but the top corners that you cannot see, only feel have none.

The decals are nothing short of crap, so thin that it is impossible to cut them out & apply them without them tearing. They are also way too small and I am sure they actually belong to the 30cc version, not the 50cc that I have.

In summary, Peak might be cheap but they sure are nasty and have no idea what customer service is.

Never again for me!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Planeclothes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, not so cheap anymore. I was pleased to buy a 30cc Sbach 300 earlier this year. Everything arrived in perfect condition and at $339 shipped it was a real bargain. I have been checking out their website looking for a good deal, specifically a 50cc plane, but their prices do not look competitive at all, considering they are overseas and unlike earlier this year, no more free shipping. They do have 30cc planes on sale for $299 but that does not include shipping. Most of what they have I can purchase from vendors in the states for about the same price or even cheaper without the hassle of having to go through customs, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.