Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

castle link on windows 7

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:11 PM
s7jstep1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default castle link on windows 7

anybody use castle link with windows 7? i have the software downloaded but my compy doesnt connect to the esc. i would like to be able to take my laptop to the track and tweak the settings from the laptop
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: castle link on windows 7

i have the same issue awhile back. i never did figure it out. i hate windows 7. such an advanced OS shouldnt have so many issues working with older software.
i flight sim i have, star trek armada and several other older programs wont work[:@]
Old 01-17-2011, 09:46 PM
s7jstep1

had the same prob with vista. i like 7 i just wish it was compatible with everything.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i have the same issue awhile back. i never did figure it out. i hate windows 7. such an advanced OS shouldnt have so many issues working with older software.
i flight sim i have, star trek armada and several other older programs wont work[:@]
I had it worst
my one pc after a week when shutting down would blue screen, and reload windows. Not even restart. There was no way to turn the PC off except holding the power button but windows would act up on boot up then with the BS screen you didn't shut down properly. Trued every version of windows (ultimate) 64bit, 32 they all got that issue. I didn't even install any programs just installed base windows(after the 1st time) and let the PC sit for a week being powered up and down while letting it idle most the day.
Put XP back on and problem went away.

other pc that I used to use for video encoding would randomly reboot. sometimes it would be 5 minutes sometimes around 5-8 hours.

Never had those issues with any other version of windows. I've had a windows 2000 server running for over 395 days straight without a reboot, or power down. hell only reason it went down was we lost power for a 4 days.
My current web servers been on for 136 days non-stop without reboots, and is perfectly stable (same exact configuration as the 1st system I mentioned)

Now windows 7 beta I found worked beautiful(I was a beta tester) on the system. It was extremely stable and fast. I wish they would have just sold that before they added in all the extra crap on to it.

I'm only mad blizzard basically forced me to upgrade to XP from 2000 on my main PC due to Star Craft 2 not running on 2k [:@] I won't even try 7 on this PC I need it too much.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:33 AM
KRO

I am running the Castle Link software with Windows 7 and have had no problems whatsoever . The one thing you have too do is right click on the Castle Link icon after you download it and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR otherwise it will not install correctly .
Old 01-25-2011, 09:35 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i tried that ^^ and it still wouldnt work on mine. sure, the castle program would open, but it wouldnt read that the ESC was plugged into the computer!