Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Car shooting off by its self

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 06:24 AM
jonc22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car shooting off by its self

I started up my car today for the first since I bought it [second hand Kyosho pure ten] but when I started it the car wanted to shoot of by its self and rev's just faster and faster. Now it wont start I nothere'sto needles you can set to tune the engine but as am new to this Ihaven'tgot a clue about them plus with the car being second hand I have no user manual with it
Old 01-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Car shooting off by its self

try to download a user manual online.  Since you are this new to the hobby, I would recommend reading through the nitro sticky posts about tuning and such to get an idea how it works.  hard to try and troubleshoot the problem with so little information, and hard to guide you through how to fix it if your completely green on the hobby.  Learning on a second hand rc will make it a little tougher, and require much more researching ( I did it myself a year ago).

The problem could lie in the tune, the linkage, the transmitter settings, or all of the above.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 AM
jonc22

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...p_alpha2_m.pdf<div>
</div><div>not much to go one using this</div><div>
</div>
Old 01-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5517128/tm.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_88...tm.htm#8836180

read these 2 threads to teach yourself how nitro works at a basic level, and how to tune....both were found on this site with a search. The guide you posted gives A LOT to go off of. You got the rc used, so you would be best served to go through and make sure everything is installed correctly....more specifically to your problem you should check the linkages, but everything else applies as well.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Telecaster
My Feedback: (1)

I had a car doing that and it was the clutch spring being worn out so it wouldn't idle

You could also have the throttle reverse switch on the radio in the wrong position. &lt; when you have the elctronics turned on is the carb all teh way open? It should be almost closed when you're not pressing the gas, and all the way open when you give it full throttle.

just a couple thoughts...
Old 01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
cooldriver385

Looks like you had the bad luck of buying a nitro used especially when being a newbie.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:21 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spend some time flipping though the pages in rcu, read the book and examine the operation of the car before you try to start it again, nitro is a whole different animal, simply flipping the switch wont work here.

trust me TAKE IT SLOW.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:37 AM
jonc22

ORIGINAL: cooldriver385

Looks like you had the bad luck of buying a nitro used especially when being a newbie.
I was thinking then same I have to keep resisting the urge to sell it. When I bought I was wondering why the 2 back tyres were bald and now I know why. Also noticed when the cars doing the the reversedoesn'twork
<br type="_moz" />
Old 01-28-2011, 04:23 AM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reverse? There is no reverse on this car.