Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 30 smoke systems

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:34 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default DLE 30 smoke systems

I am wanting to add a smoke system to my new DLE 30. Can you guys post experiences or recommendations for particular products or setups? I have never run a smoke system before so I am just fishing for info.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:34 PM
STUKA BARRY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLE 30 smoke systems

The Sullivan Skywriter great little unit that can be programmed to your specific needs. The TME pump works very well and simple to hook up. The real key to a good smoke system is the muffler. Bennett, Jtec, Slimline, Bisson and I'm sure others make great smoke mufflers. Another key ingredients is the smoke fluid. The two I see used the most are Super-Dry and Bennetts Best. Some modelers experiment with transmission fluid and deisel fuel, I'm sure there are other recipe's for this too.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:54 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Here is Minnflyers article on smoke. http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=455

I bought a Bisson muffler for mine. It has a smoke nipple on it already.

david
Old 02-03-2011, 08:30 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks guys, this is going on my old Fokker DR1. unfortunately this means I will be the one getting shot down! We have a really large WW1 gaggle at the Warbirds over the rockies each year, so I though the crowd might like to see it spinning down with smoke. I am hoping this will be fairly simple and reliable.