Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Co-pilot on micro-heli

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Co-pilot on micro-heli

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 01:28 AM
astrocyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Co-pilot on micro-heli

Just like to know if anyone has ever put a FMA co-pilot on their micro-helis? How's the response?

So far I only heard people putting those on bigger scale helis
Old 08-09-2003, 08:29 PM
TCA-Eng

I have a co-pilot on my Ergo Z-230 gasser, and don't think it would apply to an electric heli. The co-pilot needs to be out in the open to work properly, and normally you don't fly the smaller electrics that far away from yourself, or out in the open....

Todd
Old 08-10-2003, 06:55 PM
astrocyl

Yes, it works on an electric heli. I saw people putting it on their corona. lol I'm just too frustrated flying that little bird. I think it should work. The main issue here is weight. I got a lipo battery and the heli is now lighter. I'm not sure how high it can fly when fitted with the co-pilot.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:54 AM
Wright Flyer

I've got a CoPilot on my Corona and it's an absolute revelation - makes an already stable heli even easier to fly!

But to answer astrocyl's question I think Todd is right. Most of the micros helis simply can't be flown out of doors because they're too sensitive to wind. The CoPilot needs to be able to see the "horizon" in every direction to work so can only be used when flying in an open area so I think the two probably won't go together.

However the CoPilot is GREAT on larger, more stable e-helis!

Cliff