Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

tamiya TA05 chassis review?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 12:24 PM
efi428cj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tamiya TA05 chassis review?

Any reviews of the new TA05 chassis from Tamiya? Im looking at the new f430 kit, and dont want to get something that is going to be a nightmare to run. Im looking for apsect of good upgrade parts, reliability, and stock speed. Im not scared of a kit to build, and have all electronics needed to finish, just at $200, I dont want to throw money away trying put put a good road race car together. Kinda shot my self in the foot with the E10, once I got it running good, have issues with plastic gears that strip and melt, that there are no metal gears for it availible.
SO, any info would be appreciated, good or bad, i want it all...

Tracey
Old 03-09-2011, 08:01 PM
nitroade

Default RE: tamiya TA05 chassis review?

I'm running a ver1: great chassis, plenty of upgrade parts available (lots of aluminum bits online). I've never broken any parts on mine but I use it to drift so there's been no high speed hits so I can't say too much. This would be a huge upgrade from the E10 ( I had one of these as well - complete POS IMO)
Old 03-10-2011, 07:34 AM
efi428cj

Any idea on how well it will handle a brushless motor stock?</p>
Old 03-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep some front uprights$3and c hubs $3and suspension arms $5as spare (rcmart prices)you don't know when you can make a stupid mistake when driving a brushless rc even if your the most careful driver(i learnt it the hard way). Youshouldn't strip gears easily as the belts will absorb the impacts. Replace belts when there are cracks and deformed teeth. Overall its one of the best rc tourings out there, very popular and very competitive.