Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Your favorite 24mm tire?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your favorite 24mm tire?

I thought I'd start this thread to check in, and try to see what's popular, or hopefully the top winning 24mm 4wd sedan class/TC tires.

I picked up two full sets of pre-mounted Jaco Blue Dots for two of my cars, and seemed happy with them. Today, however, I got some Tamiya Type B3 24mm tires for one of my cars, and the second my fingers touched the rubber I fell in love. No wonder they cost as much as I spent on em - much stickier than the Jacos I have, and that's even before I mount them and dope them up with Paragon FXII. I also like the fact that they are belted with the same aramid material they use on a set of my drivebelts - the aramid tightens up as it tries to get stretched out, like the U.S. Navy's smart rope.

I've never seen anything about my Jaco Blue Dot pre-mounted sets, whether or not they are belted in any way. I got them b/c it sounded to me like a popular tire, but I really like those Tamiya Type B3s way better already. I've only used one set of the Jacos, and they seem very balanced and smooth. I'm pretty sure those Tamiya tires are softer or have more of a pro compound, but there's no way to tell since Jaco and Tamiya seem to have a different approach to their grading system.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Your favorite 24mm tire?

Yeah the Tamiya B3's are my favourites on asphalt. I am going to try some muchmore sweeps soon i tell you how they are.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

I was working on those B3 tires, and they are sticky!!!!

They seem to be much, much better than the Jaco blue Dots I have. OMG should I actually add traction compound on these? They are super sticky without it.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Haddi Taha

when does sticky become too sticky?</p>
Old 03-18-2011, 12:19 AM
dragnse7en
Banned

I added the Paragon FXII to the type B3 tires; I'm going to save these for clean indoor carpet tracks. They seem double sticky from before I added the compound.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:41 AM
ElectricGuy007

Well most onroad guys will tell ya that foams are the best on carpet. I use jaco nitro shoes on carpet.
Outdoors on asphalt I use an hpi radial tire they last a long time, dont really know the name of the tire
as it doesnt really say on the tire.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Haddi Taha

hey electricguy007 i am running jaco nitro shoes on my tb03 right now but for asphalt bashing, 40 shore front, 42 shore rear, i think its too hard so i am going to 35 shore front and 37 shore rear next time. dragnes7en when you test those b3's with the sticky stuff on, tell me how tire wear goes